10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Anyone know anything about these guys? Kit GRIPONE S3 - GRIPONE

It is traction control and a quick shifter. The Bazzaz uses engine speed variations to initiate TC. This is essentially "high-side" control because there are speed variations between wheels that don't necessarily read as engine rpm fluctuations and it's mainly a track tool to help you leap out of corners. The Gripone has wheel rotation sensors so it's more of a modern streetable traction control addressing the full range of traction loss conditions. One problem I see is the rotor bolts on the wheels need to be ferrous material. Not even stainless steel.

Interesting tech.

Anyone know anything about these guys? Kit GRIPONE S3 - GRIPONE

It is traction control and a quick shifter. The Bazzaz uses engine speed variations to initiate TC. This is essentially "high-side" control because there are speed variations between wheels that don't necessarily read as engine rpm fluctuations and it's mainly a track tool to help you leap out of corners. The Gripone has wheel rotation sensors so it's more of a modern streetable traction control addressing the full range of traction loss conditions. One problem I see is the rotor bolts on the wheels need to be ferrous material. Not even stainless steel.

Interesting tech.
You better be careful Willie or Suzuki is gonna be sending ninja thieves ro come take that bird so they can reverse engineer it and call it thre gen 3. And while I would love to be able to walk into thre dealer and buy a machine like that I'd have to rob 12 banks for thre down payment :lol:

You better be careful Willie or Suzuki is gonna be sending ninja thieves ro come take that bird so they can reverse engineer it and call it thre gen 3. And while I would love to be able to walk into thre dealer and buy a machine like that I'd have to rob 12 banks for thre down payment :lol:

You just need to pick the right bank! :lol:

I'm certain all the big manufacturers have reversed engineered just about everything...that's hw the ZX14R obtained dominance.

that's hw the ZX14R obtained dominance.

27694937-1CBE-4CC9-9867-C6B51F9011B2.jpeg

Any more news on this build Arch?. Your scoot is definitely in my top 5 of favourites.
Well for the most part I called it "mission accomplished". Still waiting on whether or not Akrapovic can find a new Ti for the gen 2. Also thinking about cams and head to get to 220+ hp. Looking at Gripone TC too. But basically enjoying the bike even though riding time is scarce these days.

The BMW is finally getting the recall fix to the transmission after 5 months! When that's fixed I will decide what to do with that so I'm holding on bike plans for a minute.

Thanks for putting me in your top 5 though, that's pretty high praise!

That bimmer has gots to go :banghead:

I see a Harley in your future Arch :rolleyes:
Well the K16 saga is finally over. I am the proud owner of a 2020 BMW 1250 GS. All the bells and whistles and stuff. It's fairly slow, but loads of fun to ride and it will turn under a sport bike. They were working on the transmission recall for the K1600 and watching it laid out on the shop table with the guts all over I thought "I don't want this bike back under any circumstances". Traded it for the GS an some cash. What an awful experience the K-bike was. You ask why go back to a BMW? Well their bikes do amazing things and in these classes there really aren't many options. I haven't taken delivery yet so you'll have to take my word without pictures.

I was reading about the GS and GSA today.
Yesterday was looking at them in person.
Enjoy buddy.
You should go ride one. You can at most BMW dealers. With the boxer engine the weight of the engine is really low in the frame and coupled width the crank rotating perpendicular to the standard setup this bike will lay over on it's side like no bike I have ridden. Just rolling the bike around it feels light as a feather. It's a bit lighter than a Busa at 540ish lbs. but feels a lot lighter. I was a pretty committed boxer snob but after an hour on one I realized this bike is special. I rode it for 3 hours and I was really sold on it. It's not the slow old people's bike I expected, it's a bit of a hooligan. Wheelies, good acceleration, amazing handling, BMW's magic brakes and the Wishbone front end. And on top of all that it can go off road. Sounds like a good camping companion!

Back