10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Near the finish line. it is amazing how things shift and move. Fitting the new fairings was a bear! Also, the clips and tabs on the new fairings fit together like they were glued! The carbon Fiber is very difficult to deal with too. The material is super stiff, so it bends the fairings to it rather than conforming to the bike. Lots of tugging and pulling and skinned knuckles. To be honest, if you are doing trim pieces in CF, think about the fiberglass versions with the CF layer - much less stiff and difficult to deal with and cheaper too. So now I have to trim all of the inner fairing panels and cockpit trim so it fits together cleanly. Another funny thing is the CF cuts easy with an knife but when you turn across the CF threads, not happening! This stuff is really from another planet. My brill bit bounced right off and barely left a scratch.

View attachment 1603368

View attachment 1603369

View attachment 1603370

View attachment 1603371

View attachment 1603372

View attachment 1603373
Looking awesome arch, I know you've ran the q3 tires and I've seen what you got for mileage but have you ran the q3 plus before those?

Near the finish line. it is amazing how things shift and move. Fitting the new fairings was a bear! Also, the clips and tabs on the new fairings fit together like they were glued! The carbon Fiber is very difficult to deal with too. The material is super stiff, so it bends the fairings to it rather than conforming to the bike. Lots of tugging and pulling and skinned knuckles. To be honest, if you are doing trim pieces in CF, think about the fiberglass versions with the CF layer - much less stiff and difficult to deal with and cheaper too. So now I have to trim all of the inner fairing panels and cockpit trim so it fits together cleanly. Another funny thing is the CF cuts easy with an knife but when you turn across the CF threads, not happening! This stuff is really from another planet. My brill bit bounced right off and barely left a scratch.

View attachment 1603368

View attachment 1603369

View attachment 1603370

View attachment 1603371

View attachment 1603372

View attachment 1603373
Keep up the good work! It’ll be worth it in the end!

Looking awesome arch, I know you've ran the q3 tires and I've seen what you got for mileage but have you ran the q3 plus before those?
Have not run the Q3 Plus. Sounds like they are pretty much the same tire but better. They did not have any when I put these on the rims, so I just went Q3.

Hey @fallenarch is that dirt or is that new rim all scratched up??

View attachment 1603368

View attachment 1603369

View attachment 1603370

View attachment 1603371

View attachment 1603372

View attachment 1603373
The end result of all your patience and hard work is a bike anyone would be proud to own. It turned out really nice.

The front end looks beautiful , as does the paint scheme , and the whole bike !! I might have to get a set of nickle calipers for the L2 sometime soon , they give your front end , extra look of lightness and trickness bro !!
I must admit the nickel calipers set things off and I'm glad you guys talked me into doing the back too. One thing you might look for are natural aluminum or better yet nickel spacers. The ones that come with the calipers are anodized black. Not the end of the world but you know how it is being a fellow perfectionist....

I must admit the nickel calipers set things off and I'm glad you guys talked me into doing the back too. One thing you might look for are natural aluminum or better yet nickel spacers. The ones that come with the calipers are anodized black. Not the end of the world but you know how it is being a fellow perfectionist....
My Ohlins forks have a natural aluminum spacer , then yes the black GP4-RX also has a black spacer . Here is a link to ti spacers , you can search their site for other size options . In UK Ebay , but will come up in US Ebay and OZ ebay .

My Ohlins forks have a natural aluminum spacer , then yes the black GP4-RX also has a black spacer . Here is a link to ti spacers , you can search their site for other size options . In UK Ebay , but will come up in US Ebay and OZ ebay .
How did I know you would have an answer?

The spacer stood out right away and I was going to comment on them, then read the rest of the posts and saw this one, before saying something about it. Lol!

@fallenarch, you know you can always count on @ROADTOAD1340 to help you spend more money in fancy bike jewelry. Look at that, not one, but 4 titanium “rings” for your girlfriend. :laugh:

Back