10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

hey arch….. could u imagine if the fairings got lost in the mail? ohhhhhh man. lol… just jokin… didn't mean to plant that seed or anything.

I haven't ridden with the Satos but they are a bit higher than the Vortex. They look to be able to go further back, but I didn't measure them. The feel and operation of the Satos are very smooth though, especially the shifter - they make the Vortex feel agricultural in comparison. The build quality is amazing. I had a Vortex break on me when going through a switchback and I grounded it. That's not a knock on the Vortex though, as I believe that's what they were designed to do. Had it not broken, I would have gone down. Basically, if you don't have rear sets the Sato's are only about a 25-35% premium over Vortex and they are certainly worth that. If you already spent $300 on a set of rear sets, maybe not.

I can't say the Satos are the best thing out there, as my reference is just OEM & Vortex (and I haven't put any miles on the Satos). There are rumors that there are finish issues with the Satos, we'll see. The Driven D-axis units look amazing too if you can find a pair.

That's all I got for now!
I’m really happy with the driven set I just installed. I can only compare to stock, but like your datos, the shifter feels amazing. After you questioned me about the spring in the brake side, I checked and it doesn’t have one, so that might be the reason I keep locking the rear. I need to do some homework and add a spring to provide more resistance. I like my controls to function similar on both the C14 and busa, so I can adapt faster when switching between bikes.

hey arch….. could u imagine if the fairings got lost in the mail? ohhhhhh man. lol… just jokin… didn't mean to plant that seed or anything.
Well that's not too far from the truth @ali123 ! But they never got in the mail. Herb is a good man but he is trying my patients taking 3 weeks to mail the dam things (I think he hung them in his shop or something). I am traveling this week so I was not going to have him send them to the house for my wife to have to pull in off the porch. So now he is sending them next week.

I still have a few parts dripping in but the only really tasty bits left are the CF fairing trim pieces, which have finally shipped from the manufacturer in who knows where land. They go to Motocomposites and then they approve them and send them to me. They say I should have them at the end of next week. OMG, please either take me or get this over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I'm still enjoying this and the wife is really ok with it. I am hyping that side up a little bit for fun. My original agreement with her had BST's in the budget, so all is still cool except the washing stuff in her sink part - that kind of scared me because I have never seen her that mad in 32 years! This is what a real build is like I suppose. We all have ordered stuff and kept riding until we got it so it was not such a long down time. Every time you start working on the bike and find something you need to change (like a back brake caliper!) and it's another 2-3 week adventure. I pretty much planned every part of this process out but the only thing I severely underestimated is patience and I'm seriously running low on that. I can't imagine building a complicated Turbo bike or a high end show bike.

There have been some highs and some lows but having @ali123 ragging me for pictures of all people? Lol! I have to admit this bike looks amazing even without the fairings. Definitely the sexiest wheel/brake combination on the planet!

Well that's not too far from the truth @ali123 ! But they never got in the mail. Herb is a good man but he is trying my patients taking 3 weeks to mail the dam things (I think he hung them in his shop or something). I am traveling this week so I was not going to have him send them to the house for my wife to have to pull in off the porch. So now he is sending them next week.

I still have a few parts dripping in but the only really tasty bits left are the CF fairing trim pieces, which have finally shipped from the manufacturer in who knows where land. They go to Motocomposites and then they approve them and send them to me. They say I should have them at the end of next week. OMG, please either take me or get this over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I'm still enjoying this and the wife is really ok with it. I am hyping that side up a little bit for fun. My original agreement with her had BST's in the budget, so all is still cool except the washing stuff in her sink part - that kind of scared me because I have never seen her that mad in 32 years! This is what a real build is like I suppose. We all have ordered stuff and kept riding until we got it so it was not such a long down time. Every time you start working on the bike and find something you need to change (like a back brake caliper!) and it's another 2-3 week adventure. I pretty much planned every part of this process out but the only thing I severely underestimated is patience and I'm seriously running low on that. I can't imagine building a complicated Turbo bike or a high end show bike.

There have been some highs and some lows but having @ali123 ragging me for pictures of all people? Lol! I have to admit this bike looks amazing even without the fairings. Definitely the sexiest wheel/brake combination on the planet!
I shipped my bike off a lil bit ago at franks.... lol.. and I forgot to give him the KEY... now Im just gonna mail the key.

OK I guess I have to give you that, especially being your ship was a major influence on my build
:bowdown:
We got similar taste for what we like bro , thanks for your compliment , it means a lot coming from a most respected Busa pilot , looking forward to viewing your completed master blaster bro !!
Do you two need a room????

Got Fairings today and they look amazing. Only opened 2 boxes, but what I've seen is really awesome. The camera does not do them justice at all. Colors are complex and lines are very sharp. In the photo the silver stripe looks grainy but it's actually very smooth and not as dark as it looks here. Also the Kanji looks more ghosted, here it looks more defined due to the low ambient light and the camera flash. More on Deuce Moto to follow, but they did a bang up job!

Got Fairings today and they look amazing. Only opened 2 boxes, but what I've seen is really awesome. The camera does not do them justice at all. Colors are complex and lines are very sharp. In the photo the silver stripe looks grainy but it's actually very smooth and not as dark as it looks here. Also the Kanji looks more ghosted, here it looks more defined due to the low ambient light and the camera flash. More on Deuce Moto to follow, but they did a bang up job!

View attachment 1600904

View attachment 1600905
I hope you called in sick and stayed in the garage putting them on! Lol!

Back