10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

This may seem like a hassle but it is my life everyday. When you design buildings the ups and downs are sometimes unbelievable. You just analyze, check your premise, adjust and move on. I have been very clear here on what I'm thinking - which you never see. People don't usually admit a problem or mistake but I've done it mainly for the entertainment value and maybe it's a little instructive to someone wanting to do something similar. But doing this well means a LOT of work, which is sort of the reward.

Aside from the pretty amazing failures with the BMW, it's all in a days work.

Figuring out what to buy has been all the fun. I have a buddy who has an original Rolling Sands Busa. Bike is amazing but he didn't make any of the choices or research what it does what and why. This process has actually been fun, getting a lot of input then going back and pouring the options and making the decisions. Generated some post traffic too.
There is that I suppose...the end of the trip is never as fun as the trip itself...

We got it things worked out and the design actually looks better IMHO! Funny how errors often improve the design. Now I know why Hayabusas are always photographed on the right side!

Sent this to the painter this morning:

I think we resolved the issue and got both sides similar but not symmetrical. It is amazing but I never noticed that the kanji is graphically very directional and doesn’t look correct even on the OEM decals. After this revelation, I simple enlarged the kanji even further then cropped it. Simple enough and we use the same colors and basic concept for both sides. What do you think? I actually like this even more than the original design and I’m ready to finish this up so you can get paid!

Reposting this to keep it all in this thread. I got my Core Moto wheels and they look fantastic. This bike is going to have a unique look and these wheels add to that. This specific design (the Apex Wheel) is fairly typical these days, and this one is pretty well built at first impression. I was amazed the front wheel with the 2 rotors and titanium bolts was just 4.88 lbs I think, if I was reading the scale right! @c10 will certainly verify.

PS: Thanks @POWERHOUSE for all the work you put into this effort. You really are the man!

Here are more photos:

Rims 07.jpg

We got it things worked out and the design actually looks better IMHO! Funny how errors often improve the design. Now I know why Hayabusas are always photographed on the right side!

Sent this to the painter this morning:View attachment 1598966

View attachment 1598967

View attachment 1598968

I think we resolved the issue and got both sides similar but not symmetrical. It is amazing but I never noticed that the kanji is graphically very directional and doesn’t look correct even on the OEM decals. After this revelation, I simple enlarged the kanji even further then cropped it. Simple enough and we use the same colors and basic concept for both sides. What do you think? I actually like this even more than the original design and I’m ready to finish this up so you can get paid!
Omg I am in love Willie!! Awesome!!!!

A bare gen 2 front wheel with bearings is
11 pounds. I have pictures but can't upload
Due to my connection here
That's huge! I didn't expect that much. I must have the scale calibrated wrong or something, can't be that much.

Front wheel installed. Very Very happy. Core Moto did their homework and the fit and finish is excellent. Even the OEM wheel doesn't usually go on the smoothly!

I'm pretty sure I ordered my wheels with steel bearings but the wheel spins freely for 8+ revolutions. Very smooth. The calipers are not bleed and there is no MC, so the pads are not rubbing at all. So maybe we owe @jellyrug an apology on his contention that steel and ceramic have equal friction.

One thing I realized tonight, this is going to be a lot of work for an old man!

yeah... it looks awesome.... ill admit I didn't think it would look that nice all said and done... top notch components everywhere now... the suspension and chassis are complete and makeover looks awesome.... all set for the next 2 decades now....
Thanks for the compliments all, much appreciated. To be honest I finally gave up on Suzuki delivering a Gen 3, so this is my Gen 3. Of course that means the Gen 3 will show up as soon as I get this project on the road! But I'm having a lot of fun I wouldn't get from buying a new bike.

Sent this to the painter this morning:View attachment 1598966

View attachment 1598967

View attachment 1598968

What do you think about painting the turn signal housings? Obviously I did not spend much time on the below pic but you get the idea. I think it is too late and you already got the paint work done.

Thanks for the compliments all, much appreciated. To be honest I finally gave up on Suzuki delivering a Gen 3, so this is my Gen 3. Of course that means the Gen 3 will show up as soon as I get this project on the road! But I'm having a lot of fun I wouldn't get from buying a new bike.
Great stuff Willie , what a beauty you are putting together mate . I also love the feeling you get from building a special , all your very own choice of trick hardware , put together by your vision for what you want in a motorcycle , doesn't get much better than that my friend .

Back