10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Love that blue weave carbon. Bike looks great!
Oh yeah I also got a Shorai battery. Haven't put it in but it is really light. I didn't put it in because the shop I took it too is still in a mess from one catching fire and burning down the old shop. They hooked it to a regular charger. They are in a new building now but are still settling insurance claims.

It's great to see the Busa in the #1 slot in my garage again though!

Oh yeah I also got a Shorai battery. Haven't put it in but it is really light. I didn't put it in because the shop I took it too is still in a mess from one catching fire and burning down the old shop. They hooked it to a regular charger. They are in a new building now but are still settling insurance claims.

It's great to see the Busa in the #1 slot in my garage again though!
Hey Arch , get yourself a proper Shorai charger as it is necessary for the Shorai battery . I just scored another Shorai for the Kawasaki , so both bikes run them , but , it is around double the weight of some other newer ones , but very good quality and life span , made in Japan .
The thumb brake is very trick bro , I like it and might still go ahead myself with a setup one of these days .
As for the axle , well I just want everything , light as possible for unsprung weight on the Busa , so they are on the bike . I really think I felt a huge difference....hahahah , that's what I tell my piggy bank everytime I raid it .....

Out for an early morning spin. Still staying close to home as I'm not 100% confident on the bike mechanically. Still listening for stuff and checking fasteners and such. Was a bit early with a low sun but I just can't stop taking pictures of it!

Hey Arch , get yourself a proper Shorai charger as it is necessary for the Shorai battery . I just scored another Shorai for the Kawasaki , so both bikes run them , but , it is around double the weight of some other newer ones , but very good quality and life span , made in Japan .
The thumb brake is very trick bro , I like it and might still go ahead myself with a setup one of these days .
As for the axle , well I just want everything , light as possible for unsprung weight on the Busa , so they are on the bike . I really think I felt a huge difference....hahahah , that's what I tell my piggy bank everytime I raid it .....
Got the Shorai battery and charger, so it should be good/safe.

One SUPER fine bird there Willie . Any idea of your birds final wet weight ? I'm getting ready to buy my own 600 lb rated hanging scale to suspend RJ from my Squat rack that is rated for 1200 lb to see real world matches my pencil to paper trail .
I'm a bit disappointed my friend. I met a guy that ships things like engines, motorcycles, boats, etc. He put the Busa on his huge scale and it weighed 501 wet with 3/4 tank of fuel! He said scale might be off but not by more than +/- 2 lbs.

I'm not complaining. Bike feels a lot lighter. But she is stripped. I have an s.s. header, and GPS. Corbin seat is heavy too. I could go deeper in Ti but those are small changes. I could get under 500 easy but beyond that I would have to get radical.

Well the Busa got home yesterday! Man it took the shop a long time but I must admit they did a good job. I think I told you all about the Healtech QS fiasco but basically Blue Monkey is no longer the HT rep. in the States and the shop had to order the correct harness from over-seas. Apparently HT did not know the harness does not fit the Busa but gave a new part number that was on back order forever. I was a little pissed because the shop didn't tell me right away the trouble they were having, I would have told them to forget it and get the bike done. Was looking at Dynojet anyway because of some features. Revzilla could have gotten that here overnight.

They did get the thumb break to work, which I had sort of given up on. They had to remove the clutch MC and change the line with a different banjo bolt to get everything to play nice together. Glad I let them hassle with that, would have been a bear without the brake line capabilities. The front wheel turns lock to lock and the only conflict is a slight touch on the inner fairing by the thumb brake lever. I'll need to get a blue reservoir from Rizoma for the TB. Also the rear brake can be operated from the TB or the foot lever.

Anyway, the TB is pretty cool. I can apply the rear brake with the same feel and subtlety as I do the front. It's hard to believe the Brembo rear caliper is making this difference, but the feel and control is through the roof. On the other hand, it requires a very complicated physical coordination to use it and I haven't yet figured out how to do it smoothly (only spent 2 hours on the bike). You don't realize how busy the left hand can be until you add another task to the process. Working the clutch works best if your hand is gripping the handgrip and the fingers work the lever (for me anyway). But working the TB requires me to lift the hand from the bars and reposition them. But if you think through it, as you go into a turn you usually are down shifting through the braking zones - which essentially means you need them in 2 places with the TB. Also in braking you do put more weight on the arms and hands and usually brace this against the bars. It's quite odd braking with the right hand on the bar and front brake, and the left unbraced and working the TB. It feels like braking one handed. I need to get the TB adjusted so I can stick the thumb out and work it while still covering the clutch. Looks like this might be tough because of the tight clearances.

The bike feels quite a bit different than a normal Hayabusa now. It has a smooth and subtle feel to it that is confidence inspiring. I don't know what is giving it the amazing feel specifically, but it's probably a combination of everything. I was worried about all these pieces adding up to a greater whole but I am pleasantly surprised at the resulting ride quality.

I have no idea if the TI axles do anything but weigh less, sorry to report. One day I might put the OEM axles back in and see if I feel a difference or maybe @c10 or @ROADTOAD1340 can give an opinion on that. But at what the 2 axles cost, I would safely put them in the parts for "the bike that has everything" category.

Well that's it for now. I hope to ride a bit in the morning, maybe another couple hours. We are getting a lot of rain this weekend so I haven't been able to ride it hard in this finished condition.

View attachment 1608192

View attachment 1608193

View attachment 1608194
I like that carbon weave. Where'd you get it?

Luke ! Come to the Ti side ! I am your Father Luke ! Feel the POWER Luke !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

View attachment 1608231

View attachment 1608232

View attachment 1608233
Hi Willie. Does your Brembos come with Ti pistons? You could save 4 to 6 oz. Saving weight = BIG $ My goal is 400 to 450 lbs. 600 lbs with with me on it. Jenny Craig here I go! I will spend $5,000.00 + extra. If I can get the light weight turbo, by itself is $19,000.00!

Hi Willie. Does your Brembos come with Ti pistons? You could save 4 to 6 oz. Saving weight = BIG $ My goal is 400 to 450 lbs. 600 lbs with with me on it. Jenny Craig here I go! I will spend $5,000.00 + extra. If I can get the light weight turbo, by itself is $19,000.00!
You are looking for the GP4-RR calipers. They have Titanium everything. They are also $3,500 - more than twice what my GP4-RX cost.

We know Michael Parris spares no expenses lol, he’s got them deep pockets apparently :lol:
Hi. NO just empty ones. I have 3 pairs of shoes 1 pair of Astar for the race bike 1 pair of work boots and 1 pair of street shoes. I am 70 and I work 60 to 80 hrs a week. I spend every cent extra I make on the bike. I hope I can finish before I die. The chassis is almost done needs about $1,500.00 more. The motor, the cases and head are done rods ordered they are being custom made to mine and DME spects. I need pistons,crank,trans,clutch ECU and turbo set up The RCC 1000 HP kit with up grades. I am working on getting the Nitrous kit ordered this week.

Back