10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up

Well, you never know what the future holds! I was looking at a new BMW GS, maybe go full Adventure this time. But took my bike in and realized: 1) I love the 1250 just like it is 2) It only has 2,600 miles on it! That won't even break in a bike like the GS. So I have been riding it more when time allows. Got some new gear (SIDI adventure boots, ballistic pants), and was bit by the bug again. So I started looking for a 22-23 Busa. Then some investment opportunities came up and the Busa cash went into the retirement plan.

Then a couple of weeks ago the guy I sold the Busa to calls and says it hurts his back and he can't keep up the payments/insurance when he only rides it a couple of hours a month. Our agreement was that if he sold it he would have to give me first right of refusal. It looks a bit unloved, but generally not much worse for the wear. So I told him I would take it back for the rest of the payments he owes me (he didn't pay regularly, so it's almost the full selling price). So she is back in the garage. No plans for her other than getting her back in shape and then keeping it maintained.

While she was gone I lost 50 lbs and I'm in great shape, so maybe she will get another run at Virginia International Raceway next year. I plan to remove the thumb break, fix some of the CF panels, and put in the Li battery he didn't want to buy from me for it. I'll change all the fluids, clean the injectors and then ride it sparingly. Was looking at a mild engine build, but more focused on retiring as soon as possible these days.

Well, you never know what the future holds! I was looking at a new BMW GS, maybe go full Adventure this time. But took my bike in and realized: 1) I love the 1250 just like it is 2) It only has 2,600 miles on it! That won't even break in a bike like the GS. So I have been riding it more when time allows. Got some new gear (SIDI adventure boots, ballistic pants), and was bit by the bug again. So I started looking for a 22-23 Busa. Then some investment opportunities came up and the Busa cash went into the retirement plan.

Then a couple of weeks ago the guy I sold the Busa to calls and says it hurts his back and he can't keep up the payments/insurance when he only rides it a couple of hours a month. Our agreement was that if he sold it he would have to give me first right of refusal. It looks a bit unloved, but generally not much worse for the wear. So I told him I would take it back for the rest of the payments he owes me (he didn't pay regularly, so it's almost the full selling price). So she is back in the garage. No plans for her other than getting her back in shape and then keeping it maintained.

While she was gone I lost 50 lbs and I'm in great shape, so maybe she will get another run at Virginia International Raceway next year. I plan to remove the thumb break, fix some of the CF panels, and put in the Li battery he didn't want to buy from me for it. I'll change all the fluids, clean the injectors and then ride it sparingly. Was looking at a mild engine build, but more focused on retiring as soon as possible these days.
Hi. I cashed out a small plan that I had at work taxes and feel took about 22% of it.

There is a ton of goodness in this post... 1) Being back on the busa.. 2) Having an alternate bike in the stable 3) Most importantly your health, congrats on feeling better and success with the weight loss. Man your just doing great!

Keep it up! every 50lbs get a new bike......

Cap

I put the following into Midjourney and this is the image it created:

I want to update the look of my 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa. I am thinking of sharper edges, like a stealth fighter. Aerodynamics are important but it should still look like a Busa.

Attached is the image it returned.

231203 Stealth Busa.png

I put the following into Midjourney and this is the image it created:

I want to update the look of my 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa. I am thinking of sharper edges, like a stealth fighter. Aerodynamics are important but it should still look like a Busa.

Attached is the image it returned.

View attachment 1673577
I like the bottom two. Bottom right the best. Looks wicked!

I like the bottom two. Bottom right the best. Looks wicked!
Agreed. Funny but the AI system seems to have mixed some ZX-14 in the bottom left. Upper left is interesting but looks a bit futuristic. Lower left is the best of the 4 but it looks like they borrowed a lot of H2 on that one. Suzuki should do a black chrome busa though!

Back