10-days to go!!!

G

OK, I need some info. I'm getting ready to take a trip (flight) from Virginia to South Dakota and back on the "Mighty Bird". Anyone got any information on camping in Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota? I will be making my first stop near Indianapolis. Next, spend some time in Kewanee, IL. Next, Keokuk, IA. Next Omaha, NE and finally, Brookings, SD.
Anyone got any information on speed traps etc. (in general) in any of the states listed plus West Virginia?
Any other pertinent information is appreciated.
11 f@^%*$& days alone on the bike...Man I can't wait!!!

Hapo envys you...don't push it, but let me know your best et for a 1000 mile stretch over real roads in one direction...if this is compatible with the way you ride...sometimes I'm feeling good for 800 or 900 miles, then just dog out and blow it off! (so near and yet so far)

Lakeman007 if your going through Davenport I just got a ticket from IA state police stationed in Davenport.
About a week before on a 4 lane coming out of Clinton I got blasted with radar doing around 100 by another state coming toward me. There was a hill so I just brought it up to about 160 and only a couple miles to go where I was going. I didn't see any lights and made to my destination but I was sure buzzing all day worring that the police would see the bike.

Anyway they have 3 different color squads that I know of. New light bronze, new black, and older dark brown.
Have fun.

[This message has been edited by viol8r (edited 28 September 1999).]

Hapo...Man, I'd love to do the 1000 mi. thing, the longest stretch I'll do will be from VA to IN...the rest of the time...I'll be stopping in to see old friends I haven't seen in 20-30 years. If that turns out to be 1000 mi. I'll let you know.

I'll tell ya what tho'... Next riding season (whenever that is) I'll meet ya half way and we'll do that 1000 mi. in 12 hours deal...that'd be a blast!

viol8tr...appreciate the info...I had read what you had wrote under another thread about your tickets and having to go the speed limit....I feel for ya man! Also, I'm with ya on the bar room deal ... been there and glad that part of my life is gone..although I still like the adrenaline rush, so I get it from this fast ass bike!!

What kind of cars do the cops drive in IL and IA?

In the wind!!!

lethalv6...I'll holler at ya on your email address by this weekend...I should know for sure my final plans...right now I think I should hit Indianapolis around 6pm...will leave Virginia at 3am that morning.

Preparing for flight!!

Hiabuser...I do live in Virginia...Roanoke.
After I got out of the military, I lived in Richmond for about 10 years...went to VCU. I was deep into Harleys then and rode with the guys from Departure Bike Works...that was about 9-10 years ago.

My mom and sisters still live there...I took the Busa back there on Labor Day weekend...that sucked....rained almost the whole weekend...

How long have you been there? I'll get up with you on your email address and get your address....maybe we can hookup for a ride...takes me about 2-3 hours to get to Richmond.

Oh yeah, thanks for the speedtrap info.

All hail the James River!!!

[This message has been edited by Lakeman007 (edited 29 September 1999).]

Haven't been doing to good on the speed limit stuff and I don't know the make of any police cars but I'll check.

Back