10/14 fl ride

diesel

Registered
I met up with (l to R ) my friend Spoole, Overeasy and Average Joe (from here) and Spooles friend Lou. Great guys to ride with!

rideend.jpg

I installed the pc111usb last weekend and downloaded one of the maps off their cd....wow. 1st thru 3rd is like a new bike. Smoothed out, more power. I can't wait to do a couple more mods and get it custom dyno mapped!!

(Relsek @ Oct. 14 2006,13:23) I guess you managed not to encounter any FHP this time?
Actually didn't see too many THIS time, Kev...lol. But man there were some perfect straights to top out on. Diesel wasn't exaggerating about the 180+.

It was a spirited ride all morning to say the least. Spoole was topped out on the Honda and as should be expected Dies' and I just left him going ~30 mph faster. F yeah is right! All the Busas were in high gear today. Glad I decided to get the light smoke Puig DB after all.

Great fun this morning.

(Over_Easy @ Oct. 14 2006,17:40)
(Relsek @ Oct. 14 2006,13:23) I guess you managed not to encounter any FHP this time?
Actually didn't see too many THIS time, Kev...lol.  But man there were some perfect straights to top out on.  Diesel wasn't exaggerating about the 180+.

It was a spirited ride all morning to say the least.  Spoole was topped out on the Honda and as should be expected Dies' and I just left him going ~30 mph faster.  F yeah is right!  All the Busas were in high gear today. Glad I decided to get the light smoke Puig DB after all.

Great fun this morning.
Where did you go? I know spoole likes the Ozello road, but I know you didn't hit 180 there.

(Relsek @ Oct. 14 2006,14:42)
(Over_Easy @ Oct. 14 2006,17:40)
Actually didn't see too many THIS time, Kev...lol.  But man there were some perfect straights to top out on.  Diesel wasn't exaggerating about the 180+.

It was a spirited ride all morning to say the least.  Spoole was topped out on the Honda and as should be expected Dies' and I just left him going ~30 mph faster.  F yeah is right!  All the Busas were in high gear today. Glad I decided to get the light smoke Puig DB after all.

Great fun this morning.
Where did you go? I know spoole likes the Ozello road, but I know you didn't hit 180 there.
I believe the road was 471 maybe...not sure...you'd have to ask Dies'.   About 30 miles east of Brooksville?

Man, Kevin...I feel bad I didn't call you. It was kind of a last minute thing that we headed east. We were right in your neck of the woods, too. I'll give you the route by phone ( I don't want to give away my ancient chinese secrets) . We opened it up on your favorite road going south from 50.

When you double the posted limit thru the turns you're having a good time...when you triple them, you're having a great time!

It was a spirited ride all morning to say the least. Spoole was topped out on the Honda and as should be expected Dies' and I just left him going ~30 mph faster. F yeah is right! All the Busas were in high gear today. Glad I decided to get the light smoke Puig DB after all.

Great fun this morning.
I believe the road was 471 maybe...not sure...you'd have to ask Dies'. About 30 miles east of Brooksville?
Does it look like this?
post-6-81772-tn_100_1152.jpg

You guys were within 9 miles of my house when you came out on the south end. I love that stretch of road.

Last edited by a moderator:
(diesel @ Oct. 14 2006,18:58) Man, Kevin...I feel bad I didn't call you. It was kind of a last minute thing that we headed east. We were right in your neck of the woods, too. I'll give you the route by phone ( I don't want to give away my ancient chinese secrets) . We opened it up on your favorite road going south from 50.
That's okay, I was out riding in the southeast part of polk county.

See thread here.

That looks a lot warmer than our group ride today. My GPS says I only made it to 139mph on the top end, but there aren't too many Florida style straight-aways in the WV mountains
sad.gif

yupper ...471...that's the ticket!

wish i could have joined you....I spent most of the afternoon replacing doors and shoveling 3 cubic yards of topsoil that delivered today.

damn sure going to get out for an hour or so tonight tho.

beerchug.gif

(warbrown @ Oct. 14 2006,17:10) That looks a lot warmer than our group ride today. My GPS says I only made it to 139mph on the top end, but there aren't too many Florida style straight-aways in the WV mountains
sad.gif
I wish I had the roads you have, but I wouldn't trade them for riding during October at a nice breezey 82 degrees!

It looks like spoole has a camera mounted on the back seat. Does that mean we get to see some video?

(Relsek @ Oct. 15 2006,06:24) It looks like spoole has a camera mounted on the back seat. Does that mean we get to see some video?
Kev....think about that question for a moment....i mean..after reading what i just read?...who'd be behind'im to film?
laugh.gif

Back