10,000mi 4 Corners ride, to raise money for the Drowning Support Network.

red1100cc

Registered
i have decided to postpone my 10,000mi 4 Corners ride to raise money for the Drowning Support Network from July until September.
there are many reasons =
it will give me more time to plan and publicize the ride.
My Son will be in school.
Death Valley, Texas, and really all of the South tends to be really warm in July.
this ride is going to cost me way more $$ than i 1st thought, i need to save up some more personal funds! ($2000 = :rofl: yea right!)
i still plan on riding 10,000mi in 23 days, hopeing to raise atleast $10,000.00 for the Drowning Support Network.
i will just be riding the month of September.

like all good ideas, this one seems to be growing, changing, and getting better with every twist and turn. :thumbs:

it looks like i will get to meet a bunch of yall on this one, as quite a few of you kind souls have offered lodging and a meal. :beerchug:

i will keep you all updated of my plans and such, as they get more chisled in stone.
i have been on some good rides but never put together a project as large as this one.

at the moment i am learning all about, spot tracker phone apps, how to use powerpoint, website construction, how google maps sucks, and how many little things i need to put together and do before i even throw my leg over the bike. :learn:

will be a good ride for a great cause :beerchug: here's hoping fuel prices go back down before then!

are you planning to do your fundraiser in conjunction with this one? LINKY>>>> USA Four Corners Tour - SCMA

yes and no :oldcool:
i have been going through all the blogs of the folks that have done this ride. getting lots of good information.
i don't think im going pay them $75 for an attaboy though.
that's 7 baconcheeseburgers, or almost 750mi in gas, and that's $75 i would not have to give to the Drowning Support Network.
im not sure i am going to make their 21 day deadline either.
I am wanting to stop atleast 6 times and tell my story and give a presentation. that will eat a few days.
and i know me, i WILL have a few 150mi days where i just need to stop and sleep.
who knows though, 21 days is not far fetched to hit all the waypoints they require. :whistle:

i do think i should send them a very nicely worded letter, asking them for sponsorship. :thumbs:

Awesome Awesome Awesome c'mon on by we'll eat some grub with the folks around here hopefully. Very awesome. :cheerleader:

September might be a bit cold for some of the more northerly routes don't you think? I want to do 4 Corners, but the funds/vacation time have limited me. You doing it on a Busa? I couldn't find any when I went through their list of finishers.

September might be a bit cold for some of the more northerly routes don't you think? I want to do 4 Corners, but the funds/vacation time have limited me. You doing it on a Busa? I couldn't find any when I went through their list of finishers.

I discovered the same thing when the 4 Corners Ride piqued my interest. Based on ride reports, $3K is about the average total cost (gas, lodging, food). I have started saving, do not know when I can/will do it and for now, the Busa is still the steed of choice. AZ is close enough, maybe we can link up :whistle:

I did 39 states in about 20 days 8500 miles . I took a month off work in 02 (stopped in Sturgis for 3 days and a week in Va. at my moms) . It ws a blast I carried evrything anslept at KOA campgrounds . They have good prices and are equipt with showers and laundry. The one thing I wish I had was a Throttlemeister Cruise Control/Bar End so I could let go with my right hand I did have a Throtle boss so I didn't have to keep a hard grip. I had alot of nice days but Ok was hot as hell in late Aug. . I also had powdred Gatorade to mix in my Camelbak so I could drink whenever I stopped. Good luck post up when you have a donation addy of course. you're gonna need about 1k in gas

I discovered the same thing when the 4 Corners Ride piqued my interest. Based on ride reports, $3K is about the average total cost (gas, lodging, food). I have started saving, do not know when I can/will do it and for now, the Busa is still the steed of choice. AZ is close enough, maybe we can link up :whistle:

Don't make it out your way much, but I've got a group of guys that get out around Az :;):

well, we are a few steps closer. we have a webpage with a donation link. :cheerleader:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7Top2

i do need a few things.
do any of yall have a go-pro and a spot tracker i could use? im mainly just laking some of the tec i would like to use to better document this ride.

and i still need places to sleep, if ya have room in your yard. :beerchug:

thank you Brothers and Sisters. Together We Are Strong!

Woo hoo! Key West eh? You know where your sleeping right? Please give me enough notice so I can draw a permission slip and take time off from work. I'll ride down and back up with you. See if we can pick up a couple other members as well like Busa1166.
And here's a really crazy idea. After I follow you down to Key West and we head back up both of us ride to Nc for fall bash?

that is not a bad idea. lets see if i can make the dates line up. that would be an awesomechance to meet some more of the org members, and maybe get a few donations for the Drowning Support Network. :thumbs:
:idea: Awesome idea my friend!

that is not a bad idea. lets see if i can make the dates line up. that would be an awesomechance to meet some more of the org members, and maybe get a few donations for the Drowning Support Network. :thumbs:
:idea: Awesome idea my friend!

Maybe get that extra 140 miles in since your route is only 9860. :laugh:

im having a hard time with my route from Tulsa to Key West.
i have Blanca's address and phone # in West Palm.

Please if you would like to help, post up or PM me your info.

kinda freakin out. 13 days until i leave. :pullhair:

Hey! I just discovered this thread yesterday. I don't know how set in stone your route is, but if you want to head north from Boise, ID (95 north or 55 north to 95 north) to either Colfax (hyw 26? to I-90) or Spokane, WA (I-90) before heading west then you are welcome to crash at our place in Lewiston, ID. Our living room is in the middle of a remodel, so nothing fancy, but if you're I interested let me know and we can work out details. :)

i bet your getting excited! how long do you plan on this trip taking. i know october 6 is a huge ride in chicago, ill be there!

Back