$10,000 possible fine by FAA for recording tornado damage with RC drone

I no longer shake my head at the decision making process of government entities. Most of the time, common sense is not part of it.

uhhh soooo 10k fines for kids rockets? if it has a camera on it....im a pilot...this is bull.

I don't know. If I were a victim and my house and property was just destroyed and I'm not able to get into my property due to disaster restrictions the thought of looters potentially scouting the area with this new incredible technology concerns me. What a great way to cover a large area and check out what's worth sneaking in later to steal. Just my thoughts.

I don't know. If I were a victim and my house and property was just destroyed and I'm not able to get into my property due to disaster restrictions the thought of looters potentially scouting the area with this new incredible technology concerns me. What a great way to cover a large area and check out what's worth sneaking in later to steal. Just my thoughts.

if your not able to get to your property due to "disaster restrictions" what makes you think they can? when a tornado hit my area even back in 85. national guard was here in a day and stayed 2 weeks...id required to pass

ID to pass? I wouldn't consider using a guarded roadway to pass and take someone's booty

Really :rofl:

Please tell me what you could identify from the height we see video from?
500 feet and you're picking out Diamond rings strewn about? C'mon.
Plain silly.

Sounds like the attempted restrictions may be lifted in a year or so...after all the FAA red tape is cut and the "due process" is follow, and assuming they do what they say they intend to do.

Back