10.0-1 Air Fuel All Of A Sudden?

turbojonny

Registered
New motor, same specs and same turbo. Biost turned waaay down for break in. Turned down from 10-18 depending on gear to 4lbs. I had understood the mapping to be per pound, so level of biist didnt matter?

Any thoughts on where I should begin to look? Map sensor? Return line? Turn the boost up and see if it may be AMS related? Maybe I hookep up a line to a wrong port?

Last edited:
Sorry, gen2 ecu editor.
Also, it's always done this, when I turn the AMS controller on the idle drops. However it's always maintain the correct air fuel on Boost. The AMS is hooked up with the intercooler water pump. Just a curiosity really I've never known why it's done this. Sorry about the typos comma I might be speech to texting in the car and I don't want to look down, LOL.

Probably because you picked the tank up and put it down without noticing that you kinked the return fuel line . . .

I'll check that out. I have "un-kinkable" line, and I spent lot's of time routing it "just right", but you know how that goes. The tank has been up and down more than Paris Hilton in the 90s, so who knows. Easy thing to check. Thanks Frank.

Ck the tps before you start tearing into the bike. My turbo started running pig rich when the tps failed. The rich condition happened suddenly with no warning.

Actually, it sounds like your rich condition is happening under boost only? My tps caused a big rich condition under boost, mid range, but was the worst at idle. But good to ck tps anyway its easy. :D

Yah, just under full boost. Runs beautifully otherwise. I'll give it look over this weekend. I'd live it to be as simple as the return line.

Try unplugging the ams, boostfuel is a multiplication of the tps based on pressure, so whatever effects the tps also plays with boostfuel

Update; checked the return line and it is good. Same 10.0-1 on boost. Maybe the tank isn't venting? Not sure what else to check. Logically, it most likely has something to do with re-asseembly of all the lines and wires, as it was just rebuilt and reassembled, twice.
Maybe the map sensor?

It seems to go to exactly the same a/f when it goes to rich, which is to say, it's not a ranxom rich a/f, its 10.0-1.

Last edited:
TJ, time to physically check your fuel system . . . get a pressure gauge in the system and run your pump without the motor running; using a hand pump with it's own gauge (like a low pressure suspension pump), put a few pounds in the signal hose to your fuel pressure regulator. Run it right up to whatever boost pressure you are running and observe your resultant fuel pressure. See if that is the culprit. We have seen hosing break down internally and cause obstructions, this is something you can check without tearing everything up. If you do end up seeing too much pressure, disconnect the return line from the tank and repeat, to see if something in the tank is the cause. If everything looks good, time to look elsewhere . . .

Thanks Frank. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge. We have "Powerhouse" out here in Wa.

I noticed too that it is running at about 12.1-12.3 on no boost throttle. I dont know for sure what is was before, but I seem to recall it wasn't that rich. I'm sure it doesn't change the diagnostic steps, just thought it may provide something of a further bit of evidence.

Update; found that one of the 2 upper throttle body clamps was fully loose. Thightened it up and.....no change..arggg.
I'll check the maonsensor next. Wondering if the mao got swapped to stock and the 62 lb injectors are flooding on boost, or if the upper 62lb injectors and lower stock injectors were wired backwards?
Wish my ecu flasher wiuld let me see the loaded map.

There's a short of somekind I discovered today. Haven't found the actual bad wire yet. All kinds of weirdness from the AMS1000 and one od the solonoids. LOTS of wiring to go through.

Thanks for the reply. This set up has the factory o2 removed. I called Richard at RCC yesterday. He thinks I may have a stock map loaded. I reloaded the 62lb innector map last night and I'll give it a test next week. In looking for a short I have the tail off and it looks just like someone put an m80 in a pile of wire and set it off.

Back