1 week of troublwshooting same problem help please

Joejoemc

Registered
(2005 hayabusa)Took my bike apart for some overdo mainamce and paiting. Then messing around bought a used PCV the powe or status lights neither comes on even when the ignition in the on position. It does however turn power on green when hooked to the laptop. I did notice red flashes from the status light momentarily. I also had my ecu reflashed a while back before I even decided to go with the PCV. Now putting everything back together the bike does not turn over at all toock the starter case off to see if there was any movement at all, nothing. I did also try disconnecting the PCV but still the same. The battery is brand new. Lights come up and pump comes up and the fuses seem to be good.
Current mods are full Ti-force exhaust, air box mod with k&n air filter, pair valve removed, charcoal canister removed, clutch mod and springs

Kickstand is in neutral position and I had the tps problem before is not sending any codes at the moment. But if that where the case how could I verify it? And clutch what would you be referring to?

And clutch what would you be referring to?
You may have noticed on your bike that the clutch needs to be pulled in for the bike to start. Pretty sure that's a switch ... somewhere (these guys will know where it's located) ... and that's what is being referred to herein.

...the bike is in neutral and the kickstand is up also.
So, if the kickstand switch itself is faulted, then the system might think the kickstand is down when it's actually up - cuz, you know, the switch is sending the wrong signal! Pretty sure that's how switches work, but, again, these guys can clarify.

Hope this helps!

You may have noticed on your bike that the clutch needs to be pulled in for the bike to start. Pretty sure that's a switch ... somewhere (these guys will know where it's located) ... and that's what is being referred to herein.

So, if the kickstand switch itself is faulted, then the system might think the kickstand is down when it's actually up - cuz, you know, the switch is sending the wrong signal! Pretty sure that's how switches work, but, again, these guys can clarify.

Hope this helps!
You can hear the clutch switch click when you operate the lever.
And yes, the clutch has to be pulled in to start the bike.

You can hear the clutch switch click when you operate the lever.
And yes, the clutch has to be pulled in to start the bike.

On my bike, if the clutch isn't pulled in, or the kill switch is off, the fuel pump doesn't cycle...if the fuel pump is cycling and the clutch is pulled in, the fault lies in the circuit to the starter IMO.

On my bike, if the clutch isn't pulled in, or the kill switch is off, the fuel pump doesn't cycle...if the fuel pump is cycling and the clutch is pulled in, the fault lies in the circuit to the starter IMO.
If it's in neutral the pump will cycle without the clutch pulled in, it just won't start. If it's in gear, your explanation is accurate.

If it's in neutral the pump will cycle without the clutch pulled in, it just won't start. If it's in gear, your explanation is accurate.
My fuel pump won't cycle unless the clutch is pulled in neutral or in gear...mine's a Gen 2 so might be different however....

Your fuel pump should cycle without the clutch being pulled in like @Mr Brown said. As long as your in neutral and kill switch on and ignition on pump should cycle unless someone has wired your bike that way.
Yep, @Mr Brown and you are correct...I went out, plugged in the battery and turned the key, the pump primed without touching anything..

Long winters and short memories are a pain...

I thereby stand corrected.

To admit one is wrong is a humbling experience and very good for the soul and spirit!
I was wrong once . . . I think from memory it was 1971 . . . . :rolleyes:

I am wrong often but know when to concede to this fact...something I learned early in life I guess...

The last person who was perfect had holes in his hands and feet with a crown of thorns, something I don't have.

(2005 hayabusa)Took my bike apart for some overdo mainamce and paiting. Then messing around bought a used PCV the powe or status lights neither comes on even when the ignition in the on position. It does however turn power on green when hooked to the laptop. I did notice red flashes from the status light momentarily. I also had my ecu reflashed a while back before I even decided to go with the PCV. Now putting everything back together the bike does not turn over at all toock the starter case off to see if there was any movement at all, nothing. I did also try disconnecting the PCV but still the same. The battery is brand new. Lights come up and pump comes up and the fuses seem to be good.
Current mods are full Ti-force exhaust, air box mod with k&n air filter, pair valve removed, charcoal canister removed, clutch mod and springs
Have you checked your clutch switch

Back