1" reaper riser mod

DeermeetBusa

Registered
Hi guys, I just did the 1" reaper riser mod and now my choke lever cable is tight and moving the lever when you max out the horizontal fork swing travel. Do I have to get longer cables?...I already loosened the cable all the way at the throttle end and the carb end. what else can I do? I dont want to move the housing because of the unsightly gap it might cause between the hand grip and the horn/headlight switch housing. I read that other people that did this mod said they had plenty of slack. Whats the deal?

I installed 1 1/4" Reaper risers and there's enough slack. Did you take the cable out of the clip or metal bracket that holds it under the triple tree? If not, that should solve your problem.

loosen the two bolts that clamp the mastercylinder in place....rotate the assemble (this includes the lever) forward a bit....it will lower everything and there is no need to replace anything.....providing your bike was 100% stock to start with.

(Rocky Mtn. Busa @ Dec. 11 2006,22:26) Did you take the cable out of the clip or metal bracket that holds it under the triple tree? If not, that should solve your problem.
+1

I installed 1" as well & have no issues once i moved cable out of the clip too

i re routed the cable to the left side and under the tank bolts. no problems now and i run a 2 1/4" reaper riser

post_6_75362_DSCF0545.jpg

AAAssjani.gif
all_coholic.gif

i put heli-bars + 3/4 reaper risers on my 05 and all i had to do is re route the cables under my tank after u pull them from the clip that hold them

(busabbad @ Dec. 12 2006,06:09)
AAAssjani.gif

all_coholic.gif

i put heli-bars + 3/4 reaper risers on my 05 and all i had to do is re route the cables under my tank after u pull them from the clip that hold them
same here! worked good for me too!

(ranman @ Dec. 11 2006,17:21) i re routed the cable to the left side and under the tank bolts. no problems now and i run a 2 1/4" reaper riser
as did I, and I run a 1.25 genmar

Back