1 Hour Pay It Forward.

Child of the depression. World War II Vet who stayed after and hunted down nazi officers. A God-fearing man, who instilled righteous values in his kids. And simply made you a better person by being in the room. When I was a child he showed up on Christmas morning (6am) with gifts for my sister and I. He stayed for about a half-hour had some coffee and breakfast and then he went back home to Grandma. I always wondered why he would have made such a long trip, they lived four hours away from us so it was an 8 Hour round trip. Not until I was an adult that I find out my parents were just short financially at the time. And he wasn't about to let us miss the wonders of Christmas morning. He was a very thoughtful caring and loving man. Tough-as-nails and gentle is the breeze. Through our common faith in Jesus Christ I am guaranteed to see him again in Eternity. And that is the greatest gift my Grandpa gave me.

#1 this made me tear up and I don't cry. Not that I'm a tough guy but it is just not something that happens.
#2 I missed this before it happened but like nosbig I don't "need" anything right now so I would have passed like he did and I commend him for not being greedy.
#3 This is very selfless and I like it. Even though I didn't win anything I want to thank you for what you did. You made people's day and that makes mine.
#4 Grips and a seat?!?!?!? These things are needed!!! That is what this is all about to me, giving a gift that is needed. Not something like chrome or led light kit.

Not trying to steal the thread but I want to tell a story. As a kid I didn't have it rough. My parents weren't rich by any means but we didn't go without. My parents growing up, they were pretty poor. They sometimes did go without. A decent christmas gift to them may be a sweater for winter and that would be it. So when I was a young kid, each year during christmas time my parents would take us to the mall. They would have a christmas tree with tags on it. On each tag was a name of a child and what they wanted for christmas. Needless to say these kids weren't going to get much if anything from their parents for christmas. My 2 sisters and I would pick a name/gift that we would buy with our allowance. To this day I buy christmas gifts every year for the less fortunate. Not only does it remind me of being a kid again but I don't want a child to think that they were bad because santa didn't bring them anything or that no one cares. I don't want a child to have a memory of a year that they didn't get christmas gifts. To me, that is not cool because no matter what the situation it is not the child's fault that they are not getting present. I don't do this to get any thanks. I personally don't give the gifts to the children. We either buy for families and those families give the gifts to their children or sometimes give to an organization that brings in santa and lets the children get the presents from him.

I am very happy my parents did this with us because I learned that there are families worse off than me. I honestly don't care if the parents are thankful or not that we give but I imagine those kids on christmas morning are super excited santa came and they got a few presents. Those kids are what is all about.

Again, I appreciate you doing this and my condolences about your grandpa.

I thought I'd share a small story about my grandpa that this thread got me thinking about. When I was young my grandpa took me deer hunting on his property. He wanted it to be special so he brought out his old Japanese rifles that he got from the war. He said he got one rifle from a fellow soldier and another from The aftermath of a battle. We went up into the woods and he taught me how to look for trails, signs, etc of deer. we sat next to trees for a while quietly when a deer finally showed. He told me to shoot it. I did but I missed it. He shot at it too and missed. One of us did hit it as we saw a trail of blood when it ran. My grandpa didn't have high hopes that we killed it so he said let's return to the house. I was optimistic so I said I would follow the trail till I found it. We parted ways and I continued farther into the woods. As I did I heard coyotes getting closer and closer. They must have smelled the blood. I got scared and ran back to the house. My grandpa was waiting laughing at me for being a scary cat. He made me tea and we laughed about it for the rest of the night. It was one of the best days of my childhood and with him.

Child of the depression. World War II Vet who stayed after and hunted down nazi officers. A God-fearing man, who instilled righteous values in his kids. And simply made you a better person by being in the room. When I was a child he showed up on Christmas morning (6am) with gifts for my sister and I. He stayed for about a half-hour had some coffee and breakfast and then he went back home to Grandma. I always wondered why he would have made such a long trip, they lived four hours away from us so it was an 8 Hour round trip. Not until I was an adult that I find out my parents were just short financially at the time. And he wasn't about to let us miss the wonders of Christmas morning. He was a very thoughtful caring and loving man. Tough-as-nails and gentle is the breeze. Through our common faith in Jesus Christ I am guaranteed to see him again in Eternity. And that is the greatest gift my Grandpa gave me.

Unfortunately I think men like your grandfather and the values they passed on are a thing of the past, our country will not be better off for it either...

That is a lovely story and made my eyes leak. It seems your Grandfather has passed his genes onto you and I'm sure he is one proud man as he looks down on you. God Bless.

Justin, the pegs will be there on the 12th.
Benjamin, still waiting on the shipped email from Bike Bandit.
Rob, shipping out the seat tomorrow.

20170602_171731.jpg

20170602_171741.jpg

My wife wanted me to thank you again. She has never been on the back of the bird...your kindness will change that.:bowdown:

Oh man that's just icing on the cake! Great memories. My wife and I ride two up all the time. Such a joy in being together on it. It's funny..there's no way they can understand our love of these bikes if they have never been on em. First time my wife and I went out I throttled it to about 120ish. She giggled and said.."whoa now it get it, that's smooth." Get ya some two way comms, makes it that much more enjoyable.

I appreciate it brother. You have a good weekend. If you are ever in the area, or in need.....let me know how I can help.

Just got back from my trip and the pegs were waiting for me! Thanks Bobby, that was an awesome gesture, very cool...

Back