#1 Budget Mod for Gen 2

exabits

Registered
Wanted to post this as I am amazed by the quality, look and fit for a whopping 20.oo. In my opinion this is the best Budget mod you can make. :thumbsup:
2008 Up Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa White Glow Gauges | eBay

IMG_20131009_183442[1].jpg

IMG_20131009_183545[1].jpg

Ah nice it finally posted, my picture posts must be ok'd by forum admin ;). Posted this last night, didn't know if it was ever gonna show up. Thanks for the responses guys, for 20.oo I was ecstatic so I wanted to share. I know my friend who has a 12' limited loved the looks too, he bought them the day after I sent him a picture.

No problem pulling the needles and resetting them?

It went pretty smooth. I used a couple of spoons to pry the needles off, no problems there. I did have to adjust my rpm needle as it was slightly off upon reseating. I plugged the gauges in while apart so I could adjust and confirm needle align by cycling the ignition. All in all 10min install and very easy. I recommend to anyone if they feel like spicing up their gen2 cockpit.

Edit: I guess I should mention these face plates require a 12v source for the glow effect. I have a boostbysmith 12v accessory harness so this part of the install took me only a couple of minutes.

It went pretty smooth. I used a couple of spoons to pry the needles off, no problems there. I did have to adjust my rpm needle as it was slightly off upon reseating. I plugged the gauges in while apart so I could adjust and confirm needle align by cycling the ignition. All in all 10min install and very easy. I recommend to anyone if they feel like spicing up their gen2 cockpit.

Edit: I guess I should mention these face plates require a 12v source for the glow effect. I have a boostbysmith 12v accessory harness so this part of the install took me only a couple of minutes.

Looks good man. I was curious because I am about to pull mine apart and replace the orange LED's with blue one's. The only thing I was concerned with was putting the needles back on.

The gauges are self-calibrating which is why they make a full sweep when the ignition is turned on. The pointers will return to the starting point. So as long as the pointers are reseated pointing to zero then there should be no problem. If the gauges don't function properly you can reset them by:

With ignition off press and hold the
- function button on Gen I (lower button)
- adjust button on Gen II (right button)
Turn the ignition to the on position
Release the button after 3 seconds
Press the button 2 times within 1 second
The gauges should now be reset

Back