#1 album/song you wouldn't want to

Mattzgixxer

Registered
Everybody has a song or two (or entire album) that rally pumps you up in your car and makes you wanna go faster!

So which one of these songs would you not want to listen to on your bike because you don't want to end up a statistic.

Can be rock, hip hop, country (
drooling3.gif
) , classical or whatever tell me what really gets ya going.

Oh yeah music heals the tempered soul!

If ya don't like music ya might as well give me your busa cause your'e not livin'.

990221627.169172375.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpeg

OK You want to get pumped?  Your at the dark end of an 8-mile bridge, it's late at night, Busa is ready.  You hit play and roll into the throttle pinning it to the stop and going all the way till the beast is done eating...

This is the track. La Fortuna This is a pretty crappy clip but get a good MP3 and some earbuds...  Then Plan on being over 180 and feeling good for a few miles...

It's a pretty crappy audio clip but listen to the whole thing...
Here's the Lyrics...

1. Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi (Fortune, Empress of the World)
O Fortuna (Chorus) O Fortune

O Fortuna                           O Fortune,
velut luna                          like the moon
statu variabilis,                   you are changeable,
semper crescis                      ever waxing
aut decrescis;                      and waning;
vita detestabilis                   hateful life
nunc obdurat                        first oppresses
et tunc curat                       and then soothes
ludo mentis aciem,                  as fancy takes it;
egestatem,                          poverty
potestatem                          and power
dissolvit ut glaciem.               it melts them like ice.

Sors immanis                        Fate - monstrous
et inanis,                          and empty,
rota tu volubilis,                  you whirling wheel,
status malus,                       you are malevolent,
vana salus                          well-being is vain
semper dissolubilis,                and always fades to nothing,
obumbrata                           shadowed
et velata                           and veiled
michi quoque niteris;               you plague me too;
nunc per ludum                      now through the game
dorsum nudum                        I bring my bare back
fero tui sceleris.                  to your villainy.

Sors salutis                        Fate is against me
et virtutis                         in health
michi nunc contraria,               and virtue,
est affectus                        driven on
et defectus                         and weighted down,
semper in angaria.                  always enslaved.
Hac in hora                         So at this hour
sine mora                           without delay
corde pulsum tangite;               pluck the vibrating strings;
quod per sortem                     since Fate
sternit fortem,                     strikes down the string man,
mecum omnes plangite!               everyone weep with me!

Crank it up and it'll bring a tear to your eye...    Here's a link to the Opera

It takes one to know one, but I can definitely tell you're a lover of green. Back in the day, I'd put in some earbuds and listen to ferry corsten, pvd, etc...almost killed myself a few times...heh. Think I'll listen to "Danse Macabre" now.

Metalica cd Ride the lightning this puts me way over the edge darn now i need to go listen to it
Rich

So which one of these songs would you not want to listen to on your bike because you don't want to end up a statistic.

Queen... 'Another One Bites the Dust'...

egitarre77.gif

Another one bites the dust
There are plenty of ways you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him
You can cheat him
you can treat him bad and leave him
When he's down
But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
repeating the sound of the beat

blush.gif

Well...... seems I have issues with music. Whilst riding my busa, crappy old 70's tunes fill my head - and I don't even LIKE crappy old 70's tunes! BARELY old enough to know them. My bike is posessed. That said, it's obvious I'm mental. Anywho, I used to listen to all this 'TRANCE/Techno' type stuff running 140 - 180 beats per minute. It turns your riding into a BIG VIDEO GAME which is a really bad idea. So I quick doing that. Now, the windw, the road, the engine and my heartbeat is my music.

Rev, check out ENIGMA's treatment of Fortuna - it's the common thread in their Screen Behind The Mirror CD play track 9

Recently, while putting on all my protection gear, I have been hearing in my head the theme from 2001, Also sprach Zarathustra, as well as the old Olympic theme, Fanefare for the Common Man

Great, after listening to "La Fortuna", I can't get the song out of my head...every time I roll on the throttle, the last portion pops into my head. Da@mn you Revlis, d@mn you...

I listened to "La Fortuna" and felt like I should have a sword or something swinging wildly while I was riding. Here comes the Grim Reaper.................................................an' he's on a Busa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow.gif

Nah man anything by Lil John will have you speeding and not givin a fuk in no time. Also let the bodies hit the floor whoooooa, i might just load them up on the mp3 player .

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>YEAH!!!! THAT'S what I am talking about</span></span>...  That Crescendo of voices peaking combined with the Road ripping past at 180+...  I'm telling ya, it's like being...  Somewhere else... Something else...  Make sure you bring a change of drawers...  Or at least something to clean up with...  And yeah, I usually feel like a "Kenigit" He, he, (Knight) riding into hell with that, that tune jammin through my head.  

It's the story too though, Throwing it out there, living, Being RIGHT THERE, because in the next instant...  Fate may take you and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it... Yeah I think I know where I will be tonight...

Well...... seems I have issues with music.  Whilst riding my busa, crappy old 70's tunes fill my head - and I don't even LIKE crappy old 70's tunes!  BARELY old enough to know them.  My bike is posessed.  That said, it's obvious I'm mental.  Anywho, I used to listen to all this 'TRANCE/Techno' type stuff running 140 - 180 beats per minute.  It turns your riding into a BIG VIDEO GAME which is a really bad idea.  So I quick doing that.  Now, the windw, the road, the engine and my heartbeat is my music.

Rev, check out ENIGMA's treatment of Fortuna - it's the common thread in their Screen Behind The Mirror CD  play track 9

Recently, while putting on all my protection gear, I have been hearing in my head the theme from 2001, Also sprach Zarathustra, as well as the old Olympic theme, Fanefare for the Common Man
Bro you mentioned that before, and I keep forgetting... I'll get on it this time.  I gotta hear it..

Heh, and right now I have some lovely "EURO HARD TRANCE" streaming while I am working my ass off so maybe I can go out and play... Lots of work, so little time.
It's cool... I'm Designing NanoBots... and Coming up with Applications from Pharmacology, to Signature Management and Camo...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094944682 -->

The only music i listen to is the sound of the Busa..First time i ever let her rip----reminded me of a 160 hp 2 cycle 6 cylinder MERC outboard at full song.....Just howl's doesn't it ?? Can't ride and rock..like walking and chewing gum at the same time.... can't equal good corner speed...if rockin' too..  
laugh.gif

At work today i listend to Led Zep II...Gotta love tunes..not while riding though...BUSA is MUSIC....

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094954827 -->

This is the track. La Fortuna This is a pretty crappy clip but get a good MP3 and some earbuds...  Then Plan on being over 180 and feeling good for a few miles...
Rev I am going to have to check out "la fortuna". Never heard of it but I might have heard it ( if that makes sense to ya)

Also is the guitar solo that Ralph M. does in the movie "Crossroads"! ( no not the one with Britney Spears, if she is in a movie and doesnt get naked its not worth watching!) The guitar solo in that movie was unreal!!!! I believe it was a score by Mozart.

COUPLE LINES FROM "LAST ACTION HERO"

"The boy told me not to trust you! He said you killed Mozart!" SAID Arnold

"Mo who?"

"Zart" said Arnold

But that song builds up and up like crazy and its insane!

Metalica cd Ride the lightning  this puts me way over the edge darn now i need to go listen to it
Rich
WOW I have not heard that CD since junior high!

In film class in high school my friends did a tribute to "Fade to Black". It turned out good!

Also me and my friend D did a Video tribute to "Orion".

Basically we took the songs and made Music Driven Videos that sort of went with the words ( except for orion ) to the song itself.

Nice pick, old school, but nice pick!

Back