1/8th miles times

I couldn't believe how fast that shid was! Dayum...so, how are you feelling? Don't let that bike make you it's #####...Get back on her and show her what time it is!!!!!!!!

way ahead of ya bro going back wed. Hopefully my slave support will be here cause i just got the bde clucth mod. So i'll be rollin a busted bike to the track. Hopefull i can get into the 10.2s maybe even 9s, casue with out the mod i was running 10.4s. I have a question on my thorttle i have to reach all the way around it ot pinn it. How do you adjust teh throttle play so i dont have to do that?
rock.gif

Once you make a couple passes and get the bugs outta your system,grab your throttle and have your elbow pointed up(around 45 degrees). So when you go for WOT your elbow will pointed level or down. Just remember....CLUTCH MANAGEMENT!!!!!!! I hope I disgribbed this so you understand it. Sit on your bike before you even go to the track and see if you get it. Just be comfortable...it's the most important thing. If you want to call me feel free (203)732-0103.

Jim

thats what i didn when i ran the10.4 but further down the track when i have to left of the throttle i dont have it gripped like that anymore and its back to not having it opened all the way
wink.gif

Now i have a question when you say getting into to big a wheelie is it coming up slow or fast
rock.gif
I'm from Easley,SC and it's coming up at the top of 1st and staying up throught 2nd. If I leave straight, I can hold the throttle open and get a good run but If I drift either left or right I end up "short shifting" to get it back down. Not really a fast wheelie, only when I get a little too aggressive with the throttle and slip the clutch too long.

I went to the track for the first time ever Fri. nite. Stalled the bike first time the tree dropped, oops. Ran quite a few times, best time was 7.409@108. Got some pointers from Ludicrous Speed (board member) who said I wasn't launching it hard enough.(I was nervous!) My son has lost my time slips, so I don't know what my 60' was. I need a strap, a Shinko and some more practice, but damn it was fun.

DId you go to gateway? If not where is tha track you went to and when is it open.

DId you go to gateway?  If not where is tha track you went to and when is it open.
Nah, I went to I57 Raceway in Benton. open for test and tune on Friday from 6-11, $10 enty, run all you want. Also open on Saturday(Bracket racing, 2 bike classes) and Sunday afternoon. Holla if you wanna come thru.

Well things didn't work out like I was hoping. My clutch gave up on me after the first pass. I guess I'll have to go for the 6.0 next weekend.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113196296 -->

DId you go to gateway?  If not where is tha track you went to and when is it open.
Nah, I went to I57 Raceway in Benton. open for test and tune on Friday from 6-11, $10 enty, run all you want. Also open on Saturday(Bracket racing, 2 bike classes) and Sunday afternoon. Holla if you wanna come thru.
is your track always packed or not too many people run there?
There'll be quite a few people, but you can get a lot of runs in. I got there about 9:30, still got in 10 or 12 runs. Just 1/8 mile, but we have fun.

Well thats what i need to work on the beginning of the race
wink.gif

Well, I DID it!!!! Sunday, we had our first race. I was able to get the bike down to 6.411. It has NO mods except for being stretched 4". I think I can launch it harder and maybe get it down some more, but I am very happy with the way it ran. I really couldnt beleive it. I did hit the rev limiter a couple of times though. I guess I need a shift light!!! I dont really want an air shifter on this one. It is too much fun the way it is. I am running the 1/8mile. Anyone have any suggestions???

Back