1/8th miles times

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone ever ran the 1/8? If so, what was your best times? Were you stock, stretched or what? Just curious to see what I should expect out of my BUSA.

Some of the times indiviuals post you shouldnt expect espically if its your first time out. Its best to use their times as a relation thing so you can see how much practice you need. i myself have been to the track 3 times and my best 1/8 has been 6.7 but thats pretty slow
wink.gif

Some of the times indiviuals post you shouldnt expect espically if its your first time out.  Its best to use their times as a relation thing so you can see how much practice you need.  i myself have been to the track 3 times and my best 1/8 has been 6.7 but thats pretty slow
wink.gif
Yeah...What him said...It's all relative...Depends on your skill, weight, bike setup, etc...

Dont go out expecting to run the times some of these guys run or try cause you may hurt yourself

Like HIM & Stunna stated... lot's of variables to be considered.

Below is a time slip from last week... my second time to the track.
My bike was stock wheel base, 17/39 gearing and turbo'd.

BikePics.com

damn 126
rock.gif
Im trippin the lights at 107
biggrin.gif

damn 126
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Last time I took the "STUNGUN" to the track...The top mph was close to 121 with straight race fuel...Anyway I was hoping for about 125 mph...That last time I was having fueling issues to rich and since then I have that corrected and have regeared the "GUN"...

damn 126
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
126 in a wheelie
tounge.gif
Yeah...Cecil "Big Red" is rolling...

Are you gonna be able to fix the turbo???I know that's not a big deal because you want ot go DBB anyway...
Not sure yet... it depends on the insurance companies willingness to pay.

Of course, given the option... it's DBB for Big Red !

However, if they don't pay... I may try to fix the old one.

This was a ok pass @ 59"
1.579 60'
4.075 330'
6.088 1/8th
122.72 mph

<!--EDIT|streaker00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112749377 -->

It dynoed 192 up here in CT. Lee took me to the track when I dropped the bike off to him, so I could see the difference. It had the same exhaust,power commander, I slammed it and the axle was all the way up front. My best pass of the day was:
1.603 60'
4.145 330'
6.223 1/8th
118.78 mph

<!--EDIT|streaker00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112750959 -->

This was a ok pass @ 59"
1.579  60'
4.075  330'
6.088   1/8th
122.72 mph
Yeah...But your not new on the track...This is Cecils 2nd trip...Dare to line up with him this summer...
Not a problem!!!!!!! 1/8 or 1/4
rock.gif
? I have a better chance in the 1/8th if he get's it dialed in, and I didn't know you weren't supposed to post unless you were new at it.
Hey brah...I miss read your post and I uhhh...Apologize...I read it as if you were slamming and I discovered that was not the case...Anyway makes for good reading...I'll be ready by then too...Want some...Just freaking joking now...If you want to run the "STUNGUN" you must bring a rider...Peace...

You guys should come to Rockingham,NC for Lee's fall race in November. It's always a good time and great people, oh and lots of BEER!

7_4_16.gif

Hey i may be going to jacksonville NC to see my parents this summer might have to shot up your way. Hey can you run the 600 arm for regular everyday use and twisty ridin?

Hey i may be going to jacksonville NC to see my parents this summer might have to shot up your way. Hey can you run the 600 arm for regular everyday use and twisty ridin?
Yes you can. I actually live in CT but go to NC to visit Lee and race down that way, let me know when you're gonna be going. And why is post under the TWISTIES section?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

rock.gif

rock.gif

Back