1,500 RPMS

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Does everyone have this problem? When the bike is in gear and slowing down it bounces and jerks around 1,500 rpms. When accelerating there is no problem at all, or at constant throttle there are no problems. Only when decelerating does this happen.

I am running the brocks street megaphone with a brocks street race map (not the track map).

While we are on the subject of Maps, did anyone running the brocks track map have an extreme Rich condition? People behind me said the fumes were so bad it was burning their eyes. So I got a new "Street" map that solved the problem.

I have absolutely NO Idea. My clutch is in slowing down under 2500 rpm . If I go through 2500 rpms, I am either stopping (which means the clutch is in neutral) and I'am on the brakes. Or I'am feathering the clutch anticipating the traffic moving and I'am going to speed up or feathering the clutch just moving along slowly at a crawl  
beerchug.gif

true -not much about idle at 1500... depending on where your idle is set you might be jerking around a bit...

Yeah, that is the way I am most of the time, but in some traffic it gets to be a pain, on and off the clutch all the time. So i just stay off it when traffic is not bad, but every now and then I slow without the cluch in hopes that I will be moving again soon. but that doesn't always happen
smile.gif

If you are moving along at 1500 you can't be giving her much giving much gas - so it may just be that the load is too hard at that RPM... bike is bouncing toward stall... sounds like...

i posted a thread on this about a week ago. from what i understand from the replies we either have to custom map/dyno tune or use a tre. these girs we have like it hot and 1500-2500 aint tickling their fancy
firedevil.gif

(sccrvettel82 @ May 11 2007,07:12) Does everyone have this problem?  When the bike is in gear and slowing down it bounces and jerks around 1,500 rpms.  When accelerating there is no problem at all, or at constant throttle there are no problems.  Only when decelerating  does this happen.  

I am running the brocks street megaphone with a brocks street race map (not the track map).  

While we are on the subject of Maps, did anyone running the brocks track map have an extreme Rich condition?  People behind me said the fumes were so bad it was burning their eyes.  So I got a new "Street" map that solved the problem.
I would unplug the PC altogether and see how it runs. If it runs better, you have a map issue...

I hear ya there. I only ride it like that to save the clutch in heavy or slow traffic. Mine will run great at anything from 1,800 and up. Also, has anyone ever noticed that the Tach cannot keep up with the actual engine RPM's at all? If I crack the throttle, the engine will hit the limiter before the tach needle even passes 7,500 RPMs. Anyone else have this problem.

I am thinking it is just a BUSA issue. LOL. Both of mine have done it, with and without mods / PC/

Back