1.5$B for a ball park?

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Holy cow, no wonder NY is in such dire straights financially... I suppose this could be a reflection of a lot of places living 'beyond' their means but $1.5B??? WOW...

Yankees enjoy first day in new $1.5 billion home - Baseball- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I wonder if in a few Millenia when our old civilization is unearthed, the fine "our" coliseum too? :rofl: the will find the records of the animals that played there and some what must be extinct ones...

Last edited:
Wow... In KC, we've been b*tching about the $250M it cost to renovate Kauffman Stadium.

It IS america's favorite sport... isn't it?

(not for me personally... I like Football better... more muscle :drool:)

I'm sure it cost twice what it should have since it was likely built with inflated union wages. :laugh: Meanwhile those that work there will probably be paid a few cents over minimum wage.....

You can thank Rudy G. for this one. But lighten up this project was planned years ago and public funds were promised in 2001 by Guillani, long before the current crisis. The current mayor could not back out because the Rudy put in a clause saying the team could leave the city if the new facility was not built. I wonder what kind of kickback Rudy G received for this?

Anyhow quit hating, this is baseball. Now: Take me out to the Ball Game.....

Back