1/4 mile speeds

crepitus

Registered
I wanna run my bike at the track. thing is I need full leathers if i go over 120 mph. being a rookie will i exceed 120 mph in the 1/4 mile. i think i will no problem.

you should unle you cant ride.
thumb_up.gif

The max trap speed at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway is 130mph before full leathers are required, and it only costs $10 to race on certain Friday nights. I've only put mine on the strip on two seperate occasions with three runs at each, my top speed so far is 122mph. My best time is only a 12.4... but I'm working on it! RTVEGAS of course wears full leathers... SHOW OFF!
laugh.gif
thumb_up.gif

You shopuld have the full leathers before you race. Wait until you do have the $'s or borrow a suit.

Just save up the cash, I'm sure once you go you'll be back !!

It does suck, not having the cake for stuff you want to do RIGHT NOW !!!!

Check out used on ebay. Leathers are a good idea regardless of the speed.

i got a pair of leather pants for $70 on ebay. same reasion , i was doing 11.77@ 133 MPH. my best
worst of my 3 trips to the track 13.9@128... im getting good at blowing my tire off for the 1st half of the track....
cool.gif

i am going to see if i can use textile rather then leather. i already have a couple of jackets and can just get the pants cheap off of ebay. they let me run my old bike with the textile jacket. i was running 12.1 at like 110 i think.

Good luck...when i went to gateway international they wouldnt even let me on the track with the Busa without leathers.

most local tracks will let you run with helmet,jacket and gloves. also shoes that cover your ankle. i always wear full leathers though.

Errrrr....ummmm....uhhhhhh....dude
rock.gif
?..........I can make 120 on an onramp........
super.gif

Now what's this I'm hearing about RT and Aaron running out at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway
rock.gif
?.......without MOI
rock.gif
?......you guys suck.....
coolold.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I would get leathers. My first time out I hit 138, with room to improve!!!

Back