1/4 mile mph debate....

Dozerdriver

Registered
I have a disagreement with a buddy of mine about his mph on a track. His stock no pipe or any mod Busa is getting a 157 and 158 mph sometimes on the 1/4. I said the track mph is off since I ran almost a consistent 145/146 mph on my last Busa with a pipe and mapped.Most of my research shows mid to low 140 area on a all stock bike. The track had my bike show a 161 before but only the one time. Doea anyone have a bone stock gen 2 Busa above the 150 mph in the 1/4. I haven't seen the slip but he is in the real low 10 's.

Gen 1, heavily modified engine, 9.50's @ 144.99999 - yet to break the 145 barrier.. Is he going by time-slips or by the speedo? most tracks calculate trap speed so its more of an average.. if you are still accelerating through the trap, your actual speed will be higher than printed.

Don't forget speedo's are notoriously off by 5-10 mph, even higher at that speed....

Don't forget speedo's are notoriously off by 5-10 mph, even higher at that speed....

And who is actually looking at their speedo @ 150 MPH?!?!?!?

He's not talking about the Speedo... he's talking about the printed time slip from the track.

If you're friend is going that high of a MPH with a COMPLETELY stock bike, he must weigh about 120lbs and have a very VERY healthy stock bike. That kind of MPH should equate to mid-high 8 second 1/4 mile on a stock wheel base bike. So unless he's has some factory freak bike that he can't launch and then "back-halfs" like a nitrous bike, the timer is broken

That's what I am trying to tell him....the bike isn't anything special. They run with the stock pipes off to save weight...

He's not talking about the Speedo... he's talking about the printed time slip from the track.

If you're friend is going that high of a MPH with a COMPLETELY stock bike, he must weigh about 120lbs and have a very VERY healthy stock bike. That kind of MPH should equate to mid-high 8 second 1/4 mile on a stock wheel base bike. So unless he's has some factory freak bike that he can't launch and then "back-halfs" like a nitrous bike, the timer is broken

I didn't see the OP mention a timeslip...

I hit 151 mph on one pass last summer. Usually in the 147's to 148's. Mine was completely stock too. I'm 180lbs fully suited, so that def helps..lol. Hopefully in the 170's suited this year, and a modded bike, so we will see what happens.

Here is a pic with themagma10 riding my bike. You can mph with a slow time. When I first started my mph was upper 150s but my ET was upper 10s and now I'm running low to mid 9s and my mph has dropped to around 147-148

image-1674935123.jpg

image-702587507.jpg

??? I see 155 @ 8.81
Here is a pic with themagma10 riding my bike. You can mph with a slow time. When I first started my mph was upper 150s but my ET was upper 10s and now I'm running low to mid 9s and my mph has dropped to around 147-148

Back