1-1-14 first ride

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Me and a couple of my riding friends decided to get a New Year ride in. We do this ever year as long as it's not raining. I shot a little video that I'll post up later. One thing about riding on New Years day, hardly any traffic to spoil the ride. Here are a few pics, 43 degrees when I left the house around noon.

001.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

I busted out the dinger and braved a foot of snow to go for a ride today.
:thumbs:
Gotta ride on new years day. Its good luck!

I did a birthday ride the 30th of December. In Ontario. Snow on grass, but road was clean... temp was at freezing. Only went out for about half hour... worth every frozen second. :thumbsup:

Nice!!! Omar and I saw quite a few out riding over the holidays, and each time I'd look at the temps (in the 30's and 40's) and think to myself "Yep, I'm too old for that..." :rofl:

I just can't do it anymore...needs to be in the 50's at least. I know :corner:

Nice!!! Omar and I saw quite a few out riding over the holidays, and each time I'd look at the temps (in the 30's and 40's) and think to myself "Yep, I'm too old for that..." :rofl:

I just can't do it anymore...needs to be in the 50's at least. I know :corner:

You just need to get some heated gear. I've got a heated jacket liner with ski pants and ski gloves. I actually got a little hot at one point and unplugged for awhile.

I was think about getting out today, but just a thought,, 6 degress, and a wind chill of -15+

IMG_0561 (Small).JPG

I'm with VaBusa, 50 degrees and I'm on it, colder than that I'll take a rain check. However, since I have owned a Concours with heated grips I have taken the plunge in the 40's a few times. Without proper wind protection 40 degrees gets cold quick. Riding in cold weather traction is reduced and that's always in the back of my mind.

The traction thing is the main one. As the temps. drop, lean angle becomes less. And when it's below 40 and has been below freezing the night, shady spots become a great concern.

Tuf, get some ski pants to wear over your gear. No wind makes it through them. I've rode in single digits and legs never got cold, my hands were a different story.

Did a 300 mile ride on my S1000RR on the 1st. It was 55 when I left, 68 when I got back. Still used my heated grips.

I'd guess I was one of the first to get a 2014 ride in ?

East coast of Australia means I was out riding in 2014
whilst the US was still in 2013.

Took my old B12 out for a play before it got too warm.

It's 41 degrees C today, about 106 degrees F here today so not ideal bike weather.

33e1jyd.jpg

Early morning start today, only got 234k's (145 miles in)
but I was home before it got too hot again.

Was still worth getting up for....

2lxch6q.jpg

Was 112 degree's F in parts of Brisbane yesterday.
Not so bad today but still not great bike weather.

Around 35 for the high yesterday and cloudy. Summer can't come soon enough for me. I would never make it up north, never getting above 0 F for the highs.

Back