0W Synthetic oil

badboysbailagnt

Donating Member
Registered
Would 0 weight synthetic oil free up a couple of horses. Its starting to get a little cooler here in nc so i dont think going with a thinner oil would hurt. I would just step up one wiehgt when it gets warm again.

race.gif
bump

if it helps, i live in mass. and i use year round 10w 40 amsoil synthetic. no complaints and she has pleny of snot.

I have 4 quarts in the garage waiting to be poured into the Busa. I assume it can't do anything but help performance but the most important aspect to me is the ability to lubricate and prevent damage. The zero weight oil will be picked up and distributed MUCH quicker and get to where it will do the most good faster.

10w40 amsoil synthetic very nice I get it from there site, much cheaper than stores "$10 each". I have always used it on my bikes and even my lawn mower :p

10w40 amsoil synthetic very nice I get it from there site, much cheaper than stores "$10 each". I have always used it on my bikes and even my lawn mower :p
check your local "stealership" and shop around. i found one dealer is only charging $6.75 a quart. a couple dollars saved couldn't hurt.
nick
xblueman.gif

I wouldn't go with 0w. Your gains would be minimal at the cost of sacrificing component failure. The engineers say 10/30 is the way to go.

My MB takes 0w. The stuff looks like brak fluid. Just scary.

I wouldn't go with 0w. Your gains would be minimal at the cost of sacrificing component failure. The engineers say 10/30 is the way to go.

Synthetic oil has no organic sh##t, parafins, etc.
I would reccoment this book CLICKY CLICKY

I also have MB and 0W30. The trick is that oil viscosity IS almost the same when cold and hot. Isn`t that what ideal oil shoould be.

Synthetic oil has no organic sh##t, parafins, etc.
I would reccoment this book CLICKY CLICKY

I also have MB and 0W30. The trick is that oil viscosity IS almost the same when cold and hot. Isn`t that what ideal oil shoould be.
Not sure what you're tellin' me Vic. I just said not to go with 0w in the Busa. Im ok with synthetic in the bike after break in. I also only made a reference to brake fliud to describe what 0w looks like.

Interesting read. How long do you go between oil changes in the MB.

Syntethic oil have ALMOST same viscosyty when cold and hot,
That is why it feels like brake fluid or like hot oil.
That chemist who wrote this book explained it much better then I do.
In my Busa I use MTX4 10W40 Mobil oil from day first, not 0W40 only becase MTX has bike specific additives, at least Mobil saying so.
On amsoil website they have viscosity numbers for all leading oils. Less viscosity = less friction loss=more power. In theory.... Skip dinner or take a good dump and it would improve time better then thinner oil.
biggrin.gif

I change my oil in Busa every 3Kmiles or 3 month.
10K in MB , 6 month.
And more often in my BMW because it has 300K miles on the clock and I want to make that engine go to 500K.
Also you have to use special oil filter in MB (Fleece, I believe) to run 10K miles and even more. AMG engine has oil analyzer (imagine that) and last time I changed oil after 10K and analizer said that I can go 6800 more. I don`t know, I change it anyway.

O and 5 weight oils usually have friction modifiers, which can affect wet clutches. Look on the bottle by the oil rating and if it says enery conserving, I wouldn't use it.

<!--EDIT|NavyBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130305557 -->

Back