09 Idle Issues And Loss Of Power

mabupa

Donating Member
Registered
My bike has been idling weird. I left work this morning and went to pass a car while in 4th gear and the bike felt as if someone was grabbing it by the tail and wouldn't let me speed up. I can't shift smoothly neither. Whenever I give it gas and shift it feels like it "losses momentum" and throttle response is delayed. It's very annoying having my forks compress/decompress so much as my/bike's weight shifts back and forth due to the "choppy" throttle. Here is a short video of how it idles. Sometimes the RPMs swing a lot more than this.
I have the following mods:
K&N filter
Vance & Hines headers
Yoshimura r77
ECU flashed
PCV with custom tune
Pair valve blocked off
9,200 miles

Thanks in advance for any advice/help

I would disconnect the Power commander first and then see if the problem goes away... They can and will go bad .. Once You've established that its not the PC, then i would start looking elsewhere.

It's a 2009 busa with 30000km it has a stock exhaust moded to 4-2-1 with akrapovic muffler
I also had rust in my tank but i replace it with the fuel pump. I also hear noise at idle
Here's a video

Yes and à noise at idle between à knock and tick
I couldn't hear the noise from the video...

Has the valve clearance been checked? How is the compression?

Probably unrelated but have you checked the clutch pack retaining bolts to make sure they haven't backed out? There was a problem with that year where Suzuki didn't Lock-tite those bolts.

Have you changed out the spark plugs and checked the stick coils to make sure they are all happy?

Mecanics in our country dont do valve clearance i dont Know why, didn't test the compression.
About the bolts i just did the clutch mod so i tightned the bolts. Coils were changed too

Mecanics in our country dont do valve clearance i dont Know why, didn't test the compression.
About the bolts i just did the clutch mod so i tightned the bolts. Coils were changed too

Don't do valve clearances? That's a little extreme, I guess it is up to the user then, a manual is your friend for this...

In order to get to the bottom of an issue, all bases need to be checked, compression and valve checks are two of these checks that need to be done if all else fails.

If you are still down on power, that is....

Back