09 busa tipped over

Shaft

Registered
So my 1 month old busa gets knocked over in a parking lot yesterday. I parked it at the local post office while I helped my union with some things. We were all to meet back at the post office.

Well upon arriving, from a distance the busa didn't look right, closer I got it was evident. My poor baby is laying on its side. I was FURIOUS!! Rage kicked in like a devil beating outta my chest. Flip roaring mad I ran. A few people close by seen who did it. A local taxi driver bumped into the back of her and she fell over on the right side. No fluids leaked out, she had 3/4 of gas inside her too, no leaks nothing (impressed). The guy left his name and number with someone, funny thing is, It was a buddy of mine that I known for many years and a close friend of the family.

So damage done from a tip over, cracked right fairing, dent and scratched exhaust shield on my Yoshimura R77 mid pipe. Scraped bar end, broken foot peg and scratch mirror.

I'll post pics tomorrow as its raining today.

I see the side fairing is 2 pieces, so one would have to order them separate? or can it be a fully assembled from the factory?

Also the mid pipe shield. I wonder if that can be purchased alone.

My buddy is going good for everything and will pay all costs. Not sure the price of mirrors and bar ends, I haven't called the stealer yet. I might go aftermarket if feasible. I plan on doing all the work myself as I trust no one with my bike.

Poor girl 1 month 3000 kms and already has a scar.

Chicks dig scars.............sorry bro, just kidding, I would be furious too. Very sorry this happened.

I forgot to mention, I locked the handle bars with the key, so their would have been no movement when it tipped, i'm wondering if there would have been any damage done to the steering? I couldn't tell just by lookin. I only rode it a short distance home, didn't seem like anything was bent.

MotorSportsSuperCenter Offers Up To 28% Off Yamaha Suzuki Polaris SeaDoo CanAm Spyder Accessories

Here you go. Thery come as separate pieces. Make sure you get the cushions and heat shields. They don't come with them. Try and see if you can peel some of the foam cushions and heat shields from the old one. If you can you can save some money. Some of those cushions are $25 dollars. Also order all your parts at the same time, shipping is expensive because the plastics come in big boxes. :welcome:

Here are the pics.

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

My 08 tipped over a month ago from the wind and had 2800 in damages. but it's better then ever now so it will turn out good. oh and mine just turned 1000 miles

DOT is rolling in her grave and PAT is shaking in her boots!!

Sorry to hear this, but if his company's insurance comes through, then you should be able to get back to beautiful again.

Good to hear he is willing to take care of the cost!:thumbsup:

Good luck and hope it is quick!
Bubba

I'm getting all the parts quoted from the dealer I purchased the bike from. I'm hoping to get the ride side cowling complete and assembled. Just put it on.

He doesn't want to go through insurance which is understandable. I trust the guy, otherwise I would have got the cops involved.

I just want to get the parts and install them myself. Hopin the dealer won't charge too much for the cowling.

The side fairings are two different pieces you have to buy separately and are not cheap.
When I hit A deer last year, I paid about $515 dollars for upper and lower right side fairing and don't forget the heat shield and cushions for your fairings, that stuff is not cheap either.
You will be very surprised at how expensive a little damage will cost.

I'm getting all the parts quoted from the dealer I purchased the bike from. I'm hoping to get the ride side cowling complete and assembled. Just put it on.

He doesn't want to go through insurance which is understandable. I trust the guy, otherwise I would have got the cops involved.

I just want to get the parts and install them myself. Hopin the dealer won't charge too much for the cowling.

I would find the parts yourself. If you get them from the dealer at full mark up, he's not going to like the quote and will probably wish insurance covered it.... :(

thanks for the advice, I'm gonna wait for the dealer quote. I should have it before the end of the day. Otherwise I'm going online for the stuff.

MadLight is that the best place to order the parts? anyone else have recommendations?

thanks!

I had a look at motorsportssupercenter website.

Having a hard time figuring out the parts I need for the cowling. The description is hard to determine. Can someone do me a favor help me with the part numbers?

I could only find the 1 piece of cowling, someone color descriptions are not there for the sticker set either.

what a pita.

If he's a genuine buddy, ask him to come back with a Mac truck and run it over the bike unsparingly. This way, you get to end up with a NEW BIKE!

Got a quote from my dealer.

$750 + tax for the parts.

I pulled the trigger. I'll have the items this week, decals already on parts.

After comparing prices, I felt this was the best options to get my stuff fast.

Since I'm not incuring any costs on this, makes me happy in the end.
I'll keep my own fairing, may attempt to fix, or sell to whoever wants it.

Ron ayers.com Should save some money..I have done this before,get dealer prices which are higher then summit to insurance. Order parts from Ron and pocket the rest in savings:) worked for me.. Cheers:beerchug:

Back