09 Busa Rev Issues At Wot

Gottibusa08

Registered
We have a 2009 Busa that we recently put a Woolich Log Box Pro on to flash the ecu, and a Hays hand slider clutch. We’ve noticed that since we did this, the bike has developed a hesitation right at the hit when he goes from the stage rpm at 5500, to 100% throttle(about .5 seconds). We were able to duplicate this in the shop and what happens is when he throws the clutch away, and goes full throttle, the bike will rev up to around 6000rpm where it acts like it’s on a 2step, and won’t quit until you either roll back on the throttle to 99 percent or less or the bike moves on out like leaving the line toward the 60’. At the track it looks like a bog when you watch it, and it picks back up as the bike moves away from the line, and never misses a beat the rest of the run, at 100% throttle. In the garage it will just spin(no traction) and it stays on the limiter as it’s spinning, almost like it’s on a 2 step. Has anybody else seen this, or know of anything we could try? I’ve changed maps 3 or 4 different times and it keeps doing it. Is there something that looks at wheel speed and sees the bike is below a mph threshold and isn’t allowing the bike to accelerate like it should because it’s at 100% throttle, like a safety perhaps? Bout ready to set it on fire.. Any ideas would be appreciated. I will try to upload a video to show you guys what it’s doing if I can.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Video links

It looks like your TPS might be flaking out maybe? In your second video it looks like the TPS holds position for a bit. What's the voltage from the TPS doing during an increase on throttle position all the way from min to wide open? I'm also wondering this because at idle it says your tps is 0 and not moving very much until you blip it to 100%.

I haven’t checked the voltage on it, but I did notice last night that I lost all signal to the tps? Think I should try replacing it?

I would first check the voltage feedback with a volt meter from 0 to 100% throttle at the TPS itself. If you are losing signal, or the signal is bouncing around erratically, that would make me think that's the problem. If it is good there, then you could have an issue with wiring (frayed, or compromised wire from the TPS to the ECU).

Do you have your drag tools active? Just wondering if there's something funny set up with your slew rate.
I don't think it would be clogged injectors. It seems to idle fine and when you did let off the throttle and then blip it, it was able to raise the RPM. However, not a bad thing to get cleaned if you have them in question. Fuel pressure and filter are good? Your ignition in the video also looks like it stops when the RPMs stop climbing. It is mid 40s, when it stops, but then when you are on your 2 step it is 33.5. Might be something there too.

I just pulled the airbox and set the injector balance to 50/50 and I’m getting nothing out of the secondary injectors when I give it a quick rev to 100% throttle. Shouldn’t I be seeing fuel? I held my finger over the end and it’s dry as bone after revving it up.

Back