09 busa dyno

09 busa guy

Registered
well got my busa dynoed today at a bike show it put up a measly 147rwhp and max torque of 90.22 was pretty depressed about it i figured around 150 or up but the engine is stock and only has voodoo exhaust no power commander. The only good news was i took second in best in show made me feel a little better but do you think ill gain any real horsepower with a pcIII or pcIV and a tune job

busa left side.jpg

No, a PC is not going to win you any dyno contests.

You added way too much rotating mass to the driveline. You won't get that HP back without going into the motor, or sprayin the piss out of it.

Wow....... that seems very low,.... especially for a Gen 2. You should have bought the white one...:laugh:...j/k! You know that you just opened up another fastest color topic.:whistle: What were the weather conditions during this dyno? I believe the fat back may be a contributing factor too.

Last edited:
well got my busa dynoed today at a bike show it put up a measly 147rwhp and max torque of 90.22 was pretty depressed about it i figured around 150 or up but the engine is stock and only has voodoo exhaust no power commander. The only good news was i took second in best in show made me feel a little better but do you think ill gain any real horsepower with a pcIII or pcIV and a tune job

Now you understand why people say wide tires SUCK! They rob handling and horsepower like crazy... :whistle:

Im surprised you got that much HP.. With the Open exhaust, huge tire, and no tune.. I'd be happy with what you got and have done so far.. :thumbsup: It would have been interesting if you got a baseline before you did the add-ons.. I just thought of something, had anyone ever did a reverse hp study,,you know took a baseline with a bone stock bike,,then added big tire kit, open exhaust, no tune and saw how much rwhp was lost because of it?
I have heard of people getting anywhere from 163 to 169 rwhp from a bone stock 08/09 so if that is the standard then you have lost about 16 to 22 hp..

Mine only made 163 all stock.:banghead:

Thats in line with what everyone is saying.. And Only 163.. Man this is real world hp.. What a great world where we live in when we can purchase a machine that can run in the mid nines at the drag strip and go 180mph on straight stretches of hwy on the way back home,,, in STOCK form. Could you imagine how much you'd have to pay for a car that can do that. When I see 160+ being posted; that means that you can spend 1600 bucks and be in the 190's at the back wheel without doing motor work.. God Bless Sport Bikes Man.. :please::beerchug::cheerleader:

thanks guys for you input iam wondering what i can do to get the horsepower up some but i love the look and sound of my bike. any ideas on how to do this with the 300 tire and the voodoo exhaust. Do you think a custom map and a pcIII or PcIV airbox mod tre velocity stacks i have nos but want higher hp without it first thanks agian everyone

my busa did 188hp in the dyno, R77 full exaust system, pipercross air filter, power commender, ignition, ceramic wheel bearing, sproket sets, wheel crush bush, gear quick shifter. but still didnt like the performance, my engine now is with bob carpenter, doing the 230hp package!!!!! waiting on FIRE!!!!

you could go this route:poke: sitting on ite wheels now ,,that rear wheels is killing you , try a lite weight bst in the same size :bowdown: maybe they would make a one off wheel,, either way that rear ,,,, has to go if you wana go

09 pic 6 028.jpg

Bike looks sharp and most of all if you are happy, stay happy...your not gonna race it anyway. :beerchug:

We see 20HP loss compared to normal piped and tuned numbers with big tire bikes. :beerchug:

Wow that jackshaft really hurts! 163 to the wheel on a 330 in a 100+ degrees out in vegas on a dyno that is known to read low no air at all. That number is also not tuned running rich and lean in spots. New number this week :) For mods simple bolt ons factory stacks, dna filter, stock header with just straight pipes . My wheels are def heavier too I have blanks so I have more metal. I need my turbo now!!!!

Back