08 With 140 front & 200 rear

Amode

Registered
This seams like a real good combo with the 18/40 gears. ???

064.jpg

063.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

Well i have a issue with the 120 tire for this bike. I want a sports touring type tire and there is not a lot available. I would like a 130 but everyting is 120. So i am forced into the 140, But i will not go back to the 120 it handels so much better. I had to do a lot of work to the front fender but it was worth it. So i have to work with what they make.

What kind of work was needed on the front fender?
Wider front tires will have the opposite effect of a wide rear, and can make the bike more responsive in the corners (oversteer). I've read that a wide front tire combined with a motorcycle's short wheelbase can make for a twitchy and dangerous ride.
Does a wide front plus a wide rear make the rear handle better?

What does it have to do with the gearing?

200 fits just fine. Have run 200 series for 10 yrs now, + put a 200 on the Z1000.

Well i have a issue with the 120 tire for this bike. I want a sports touring type tire and there is not a lot available. I would like a 130 but everyting is 120. So i am forced into the 140, But i will not go back to the 120 it handels so much better. I had to do a lot of work to the front fender but it was worth it. So i have to work with what they make.

Every tire manufacturer makes sport touring tires in 120 size. Lots to choose from.

Did you put a 140 rear tire on the front? If so, did you keep the OEM rim? Does any tire manufacturer make a 140/17 front tire? If so, who?

The 18/40 has nothing to do with the tires. I was ready for a new chain so i went with the 18/40 just before the new tires. These are michelins 140/75/17 front 200/55/70 rears Rated @ 149. Yes on stock rims. I was very leary on both of these. But i have a new 43 sprocket. Two sets of wheels, Three front fenders so i decided to go for it. And now every thing works great. The bike is so fun and so powerful to ride now. There is just a little area to remove around the fork area and new brackets. The suspension a little work, The tune up a lot of work. But i have all that down for me. I just could not learn how to ride that stock combination stuff. I have a lot of stories about this bike and my Fat Boy and my riding habits. But now with these tires on both bikes its a different story.

Every tire manufacturer makes sport touring tires in 120 size. Lots to choose from.

Did you put a 140 rear tire on the front? If so, did you keep the OEM rim? Does any tire manufacturer make a 140/17 front tire? If so, who?

Looks like a Michelin Commander II cruiser tire. They are available in 140/75 and 140/80 for a 17" rim.

Back