08 + turbo

Kanati

Registered
Just musing about things in general... But what is the higher compression (12.5:1 vs 11:1) going to do about turbos (and spray for that matter)? Does that mean we are going to have to be a bit more careful with ramping up the power with aftermarket stuff? Possibly seeing these 700hp busas going bye-bye?

No, i don't see too much change in what's happening now. I think a stage ! turbo will be more effective on the newer engine than before.

I'm also curious how the turbo folks will work things out on the basic kits. Normaly they don't put a spacer in a leave the CR alone. Wonder if that'll change.. maybe additional gasket or just more fuel psi or a little ignition retard? hmmm It'll be interesting.

The big HP turbo may want to look at the Ti valves but since so much is changed/sapped for the high HP I don't think there are to many issues with the newer engine.

Because the salesman I just talked to stated 10 HP gain at the rear wheel in the '08
wow.gif

He told me there was a bunch of media hype and that the tech guys in Vegas said 10HP gain.

The 12.5:1 comp would almost certainly require a spacer to lower compression for a turbo of any repute!

There is another thread around here somewhere talking about Canadian bikes making more power than a stock US Spec. Busa. Wonder what a Canada spec 08 will do?
wink.gif

(dadofthree @ Jul. 18 2007,10:59) He told me there was a bunch of media hype and that the tech guys in Vegas said 10HP gain.
That's why I am poo pooing on zuki for not going 1400-1500cc.

1340...why bother especially after 10 years of no update.

How much money do you think Suzuki has made off the Busa in the last decade? How much money have they re-invested in the desing in same time span.
pissed.gif

I think Suzuki only went to the 1340 for the in your face attitude toward Kawi. Imagine, it's like Suzuki saying "We can still kick your butt with less cc's and an older engine design. Also, you gotta know that even if they did 1450, i doubt it would have any more power that what is offered now.

You would need to adjust to lower compresion for max hp. The higheer the compression the harder to ram in the air from the turbo. You just need to adjust with Turbo pistons or spacers.

10 years to get 10 hp, upsetting...
But anyway, 12+ to 1 compression is going warrent at least playing with the cams..

On Topix there was a Japanese Suzuki Tech who said that by opening up the exhaust, and air intake to the new busa it will produce 198 at the wheel... He was actually the first person to say it waas going to be a 1330 and to forget about ever seeing any of the big four ever going over 1410cc's in a sport bike.
He says suzuki is devoloping a 4 cyl 1500cc engine, for a goldwing type tourer {its suppose to change the touring world in 09}... But anyway Im sure someone will have a turbo on the 08 a month after it comes out....
beerchug.gif
lurk.gif

I've heard the new 08 has Ti valves and they would have to be replaced to be able to handle the extra heat. They don't transfer heat as well as say Stainless.

Back