08+ Slip-Ons on Gen I? Yes, I searched.

Yodwinder

Registered
As title stated, I did search and came up empty handed, so I'm sorry if I'm the noob that comes and asks the question that's already been discussed 1000x lol.

The question is, will an 08+ Slip on fit a Gen I? If it matters at all, it's a Scorpion brand slip on.

I think it was Dr.E who posted last week that slip ons from gen 1 to 2 work and vice versa. Only that they must be flipped from right to left and left to right. That were the muffler bolts to the midpipe, the bolt pattern is the mirror image from gen 1 to 2. The midpipes themselves will not switch between the two. The muffler bracket where the mufflers bolt to the passenger pegs may or may not line up, depends on the muffler. Some mufflers use the band style clamps that will slide up and down the can too, which is ideal for doing this.
If it's free, it's worth a try.

Awesome, thanks guys. :thumbsup:

I just wasn't sure which search terms to use, I tried a few different searches but didn't find that thread.

i have changed my 07 and 2010 slip ons on a few ocasions, everything is simetrical, INCLUDING the MIDPIPES, catch is that on the gen 2 exhaust, you will need to have the sleves removed from the midpipes where it connects to the header before installing on the gen 1. I had the r-22 blings on the 07 and the hotbodies on the 10 and was swaping them almost every other weekend,,

Back