08 problem starting hot

busafan08

Registered
Hi guys newbie here I recently brought a stock pearl white and silver busa with the red and black graphics with 8500km on it and I am really enjoying the bike the only mods now on the bike are a DNA air filter with YOSHI duel slip ons sounds awsome now :thumbsup: however there is a problem when the bike gets to operating temperature when i shut it off the bike wont start sraight away it feels like a weak battery I checked the battery and it seems ok at 14.48 when the bike is running no problems when the bike is cold fires right away this happens when the bike is warm did a search but not very helpful is this a common busa problem looking for some help thanks :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

That's between 4 and 5 thousand miles right ? My '08 new did the same thing. After you put a few more thousand on it I think it will straighten out for you. Mine did.

Also if it's the factory battery it might be going away. You could have the battery load tested for the fun of it. I say Grip It and Rip it

Thanks for the welcome guys :beerchug: When I brought the bike i was told the recall was done for the rectifier if it was not done could this cause the starting issue ? :thumbsup:

Yes, it could, but most of the bikes that had failures died. I don't think that's the issue. Thought about it but didn't post it, anyway look at the VIN tag on the yoke. It should have a center punch mark on it if the recall was done. If not take it to a dealership and have them check it.

Like I said mine acted the same way until I put some miles on it. I'd check the battery.

You can also check the connectors on the rectifier. I can't remember if it's a Gen I, Gen II or both but some have had connectors melt causing battery issues.

But remember you said this only happens when the bikes hot :poke:

Thanks dadofthree after work I went home and checked the vin tag cant see any punch marks ? I take it to a local dealer and see if its been done :thumbsup:

I found out that the rectifier recall was done on my bike went for a decent ride the other day stopped 4 times and the bike fired up straight away whilst hot ??? I will keep an eye on it thanks :thumbsup:

Back