'08 Octane?

Rapstar

Registered
I don't remember reading anything about octane rating for the new busa. anyone heard? i'd have to guess w/over 12:1 compression ratio she'd like 91 or higher pump gas.

12.5 to 1 compression ratio...91 now required
all_coholic.gif

Here you go! Fuel spec requirements for the 08

"Use only premium unleaded gasoline of at least
90 pump octane (R/2+M/2 method) or 95 octane
or higher rated by the research method.
Gasoline containing MTBE (Methyl Tertiary
Butyl Ether), less that 10% ethanol, or less than
5% methanol with appropriate cosolvents and
corrosion inhibitor is permissible. "

In case you are wondering, it is pretty common to find pump gas containing some small amounts of the indicated additives to oxygenate the fuel. Especially in the winter.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm, Me with my 06 and 87 Octane
   Sir; that will be $ 14.00 Bucks for your fill up
biggrin.gif

New 08 Rider with his 91 Octane
   Sir; that will be $ 16.00 Buckoroos for you
laugh.gif

I'll just keep the 06 a little while longer
jump9.gif

(DaCol. @ Sep. 26 2007,20:01) Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm, Me with my 06 and 87 Octane
Sir; that will be $ 14.00 Bucks for your fill up
biggrin.gif

New 08 Rider with his 91 Octane
Sir; that will be $ 16.00 Buckoroos for you
laugh.gif

I'll just keep the 06 a little while longer
jump9.gif
93 octane where I live is 20 cents a gal more than 87. so thats about $1 more a tank! I'll take it!!!
beerchug.gif

Here in RSA we have 95 octane at the pumps. I notice that some use 87, hell thats almost as bad as diesel. No wonder some of the dyno figures I read are low. As for prices we pay R 7.00 litre thats x 4.5 to get gallons and divide by 7 for the exchange rate. Thats about USD 20 to fill up.
Then we often mix with toluene to raise the octain to over 100. Man, then she goes.....

(busa300 @ Sep. 28 2007,07:03) Here in RSA we have 95 octane at the pumps.
What method is being used Motor Octane or Research Octane or R+M/2 method?

The US numbers usually quoted here are rated R+M/2

It sounds like your 95 numbers are Research which is likely would be 90-91 in the R+M/2 method

At delivery, this was on my tank... Can't be found there anymore, but there it is...

90min on the '08...

Octane.jpg

all_coholic.gif
I ALWAYS put Premium juice in my bikes regardless, I'll keep the crappy Coors light for myself to drink
biggrin.gif

you usa guys have nothing to say about gas price, in finland 98 octane 1,49€ per litre, that´s about 2.18$
guns.gif

well, also one thing to remember. When you go to the pump and pumps 93 octane, the first gallon or so(or more) is whatever the last guy pumped..so figure that nice 93 octane is going to get diluted with cheap 87 octane gas.. brings it to 91 or so most likely,lol.. doesn't that suck??

well, also one thing to remember. When you go to the pump and pumps 93 octane, the first gallon or so(or more) is whatever the last guy pumped..so figure that nice 93 octane is going to get diluted with cheap 87 octane gas.. brings it to 91 or so most likely,lol.. doesn't that suck??
I use the first gallon to wash the bugs off my windshield anyhow.
whistling.gif

Back