08 is almost ready for the new season

Raced Guy

Registered
Well i have been getting ready for the first ama race in georgia and finally getting some parts showing up. The bike already had the basic brocks exhaust,pc3 and lowered,bmc filter,mps kill tether. New mods so far are mcintosh 8 over arm with nitrous bracket and air tank, powdercoated, new shinko,vortex gears,catalyst 8 over tail,tiger tail 8 over rear undertail section, brocks tripple clam not in yet, mps nitrous kit with spray bar, cycle tek co2 shifter, new clutch, im goning to trim the farring for quick clutch removal, im trying to figure out what i want to do for a nitrous controller because i have to experience with them. Its pretty funny, i now have basically half an 08 stock busa sitting on my shelf. I hope to have it done in the next week or so,these are just some mock up pics but i figured id post them up. It should be fun to see what it can do, go from low 9s on a stocker to who knows what now.:beerchug:

busa mods 005.jpg

busa mods 010.jpg

busa mods 011.jpg

busa mods 012.jpg

busa mods 014.jpg

Last edited:
I like that tail

Last edited:
It great getting a huge box of parts, but its overwhelming picking where to start. You just want it all on right away !!!

Sure wished when you order one piece race tails with not provisions for a passenger that the catalyst and other companies would smooth out the body where the rear peg mound come through. Your bike does look great though :thumbsup:

Good luck and get us some completed pix, maybe with the front tyre six inches up or so ...

talk to greg (smithabusa, aka boostbysmith) about the nitrous setup he's got a wirring kit and it works with the ECU hack. Same goes for the air shifter.

Im gonna run real steet, and try to have some fun in the street fighter class. Wolfman thats funny i said the same thing last night, you would think they would put 2 an 2 toghether that you cant put a pass. on.

Raced Guy, great progress on your bike.

I noticed you haven't yet mounted your regulator. Here is one suggestion using the swingarm you are using. Works well with plenty of clearance and cooling.

rearsubframe4.jpg

Also, I don't know if the rear of your tail is supported, but the catalyst tails crack pretty badly if you only support them with the 2 bolts in the front and the 2 frankenstien bolts. I welded up something that ties into the rear tail light and licence plate.

rearsubframe.jpg

The stock rear subframe weighs about 13 lbs with hardware. The new one only weighed 6 lbs with a custom inner tail. Big opportunity for weight reduction if you aren't carrying a passenger.

rearsubframe3.jpg

Custom fuel cell / gas tank is next. Stock one is WAY to big. Bike should be well under 495 lbs with gas. Anyway, just some suggestions. Keep up the good work.

Back