08 Hayabusa w/Bazazz

gsx1300rr

Registered
I have some general questions about a bike I am going to pick up! I currently have a 02 busa and am going to be getting a 08 next week!

The bike I am picking up has: a full Tiforce exhaust, a Bazazz unit, and dyno tune.

Until I looked at this bike I have never really heard of "Bazazz" and now doing a little research it seems to be a nice little tuning gadget, this bike does not come with the portion where you can make your own maps on the fly though.

My main questions are these, can you tune the bazazz for more than one setting? Should most dyno shops be able to calibrate it? I would like to do one tune for premium, then one for race fuel, but the dyno guy at RCC (new rcc shop near my town) said that by tuning w/race gas I would not see any power increase at all, infact it may make less power. That went against what I have read in some forums. I know we have a lot of very knowledgeable members so I thought I would direct these questions to you! If you do two separate tunes, how do you switch back and forth?
I just bought a full Alien Head Exhaust and BMC street filter today and as soon as I get the bike they are going on (so there will be a full TiForce exhaust system for sale if anyone is interested.)
Also I was wondering if the "A,B,C" modes still work when you have a dyno tune.

Does anyone know of a good dyno shop in Michigan? I am between Detroit and Lansing. And for the most juvenille question, lol- Does anyone have a idea what power the bike will make??

Thanks ahead of time for all the replies!

I know there were a thousand questions there..... feel free to comment, even if you only know the answer to some of them. I am most likely picking up the bike this Monday and would really like any input

bazzaz is the bees knees in piggyback fueling units. IMHO that is. but they are the only guys that control all 8 injectors with one unit. outside of ECU flashing. that is what im running. the install went well. im running the afm as well as the quick shift. but what your prob asking about is the zfi unit.

map switching is available, and as far as i know the other modes work, but who uses them anyway:poke:

i would look into ecu flashing for map switching.

yes most shops "should" be able to tune with it, but the better the shop the better the results will be.

what race fuel are you refering too. just high octane fuel, could be a loss. stuff like mr9 etc, is oxygenated. you need a tune for it, and it will make a lil more power, but at the potential cost of a fuel pump if it lies in there and gums it up. which is a risk with those fuels, but some run regardless, drain, run with reg pump gas, and then park. but to each his own....

bazzaz is the bees knees in piggyback fueling units. IMHO that is. but they are the only guys that control all 8 injectors with one unit. outside of ECU flashing. that is what im running. the install went well. im running the afm as well as the quick shift. but what your prob asking about is the zfi unit.

map switching is available, and as far as i know the other modes work, but who uses them anyway:poke:

i would look into ecu flashing for map switching.

yes most shops "should" be able to tune with it, but the better the shop the better the results will be.

what race fuel are you refering too. just high octane fuel, could be a loss. stuff like mr9 etc, is oxygenated. you need a tune for it, and it will make a lil more power, but at the potential cost of a fuel pump if it lies in there and gums it up. which is a risk with those fuels, but some run regardless, drain, run with reg pump gas, and then park. but to each his own....

the race fuel I was referring to is 110oct that some of the sunocos carry. I am not very knowledgeable on fuel grades. And your right about never using the b,c mode, I was thinking when my buddies want to switch up the ride I would just put it on C so they don't thrash my baby lol. Sneaky I know.... I'm glad you said what you did about the bazazz, I'm really happy it has it now. What does the quick shift do for you? How does it work? It sounds interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Back