08 Hayabusa full exhaust/Bazzaz Dyno graph

gsx1300rr

Registered
Full TiForce Titanium exhaust 4-2-1. Bazzaz Control unit. Dyno tuned.

Just thought i'd show the dyno graph encase anyone was considering this combination of mods.

scan0001.jpg

My 08 pulled the same exact numbers with the same exact mods. I'm taking my 09 up there...same pipe...but this time around ECU flashed. I just checked this one "09" and it made 168.77 stock....not the best...so wondering if my "09" makes the same as the 08 did.

M

Those are STD numbers and not SAE ... what was the temp & humidity?

The A/F is a little rough down low.

If I understand right, you multiply your reading by the STD factor which would equal 195 and 114. REAL good!!!

What is the difference between STD & SAE numbers?
Posted via Mobile Device

184 STD is how your chart reads, probably about 179 SAE, which is really not that great. Using the STD correction factor is one way to "skew" the numbers and make them read higher than they actually are. The A/F line on that chart is not that great either, leading me to believe the the A/F is all over the place on the rest of your map. :whistle:

184 STD is how your chart reads, probably about 179 SAE, which is really not that great. Using the STD correction factor is one way to "skew" the numbers and make them read higher than they actually are. The A/F line on that chart is not that great either, leading me to believe the the A/F is all over the place on the rest of your map. :whistle:

Are you suggesting the bike would be healthier with a better tune? I thought Ryan Schnitz Racing was a very reputable place. What kind of numbers would you consider to be avg.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frank at Powerhouse is a perfectionist ... really a pro. Did great by me!

Obviously I got the conversion factor SAE/STD wrong. Sorry.

I saw the same thing Frank pointed out ... your air/fuel is pretty far off down low and not exactly level across the rpms. Should be straight as a ruler or as close as possible. Yeah - a proper tune translates to optimum power.

Are you suggesting the bike would be healthier with a better tune? I thought Ryan Schnitz Racing was a very reputable place. What kind of numbers would you consider to be avg.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would consider 185 rear wheel SAE to be average, anything over 190 to be a good tune. BTW, I wouldn't think Ryan is the problem, but I do think the Bazzaz box is . . .:laugh: If you go with the 4% adjustment suggested by Mr. Walker, then your bike made 176 SAE . . . you are probably down 10 horse from where you should be.:whistle:

Gsx1300rr, your tune looks fine and your power is also fine. 185 ish STD is what several of what our piped/tuned Busas make on a Dj250i down here they they run good mph at the strip.

Sure your air fuel curve could be a tad better under 4k but, nothing you would feel or even probably see a difference with on the dyno....your second pull has the curve relatively straight with the 13.0 guideline...nothing else really to gain there...sure you could lean the afr out a bit and "show" more hp on the dyno but....on the track it will want the fuel.

Don't put too much stock into the numbers.

Ryan Schnitz tunes a lot of bikes and is very reputable...not to mention he is a racer...he knows what works...he could have spent a little more time to smooth the air fuel curve better for the dyno chart bragging but.....your bike will run just fine.:beerchug:

Back