08 fusion....paint question

mynewride

Registered
i just picked up an 08 ford fusion s for 6000. clean title and 113k on the clock. problem is someone tried to paint the drivers side doors and got overspray on hood and decklid as well as the rest of the drivers side. anyhow i have picked up some mcguires professional diamond buffing compound. i also picked up 2 other grades to remove scratches and a good wax. anyhow id like some knowledge on how to apply without burning the paint or causing more harm than good. i currently just have an orbital buffer, but a guy at work says i need a 10" buffer. so any help would be appreciated even if it points me to an article somewhere.

thaks in advance.

cool, thanks. ill have to check it out when i get home. problem is your supposed to do it in the "cool" shade. where do i find "cool" shade? it hasnt been under a hundred in some time. then the shade turns to darkness by the time it gets "cool."

so what is considered cool? 95, 85, 75? hell 95 would feel great right now. i think we have had more 100 degree days than las vegas nevada. ughhh

so should i wait till late evening and use lights?

Back