08 extended and Voodoo exhaust **PICS**

Big D's Busa

Registered
Hey guys finnally got it all done took some work but its all on and I like it alot. My next question is how can I lower the engine idle to make it sound like its cammed. I have heard a few that have that sound or what is everyone doin to make it sound this way? Thanks guys

downsized_0416001433.jpg

downsized_0416001433a.jpg

downsized_0416001433b.jpg

downsized_0416001433c.jpg

1st! ehhhh man, you need to do some more work....

What kind of answer is that? :moon:

Nice tasteful stretch Big D.....personally not a fan of Voodoo products, but who cares what I think bro. As long as you like it. Wish I could be of more help re: getting the engine idle to sound like it's "cammed". Not sure what you mean there :dunno:

Bike is lookin' hot though....hold it down there for the semi stretched in 'ole TN :thumbsup:

Saw and heard an old Charger sitting at a stop light camming a few hours ago....Man gotta love that. Would be great to hear a bike doing it....:thumbsup:

Bike looks great! :thumbsup:

looks good, are you going to lower it? gotta love the cam lope, not sure if just lowering the idle would do it.

Last edited:
He wants it to sound cammed out as in the short vrum,rum,rum ,rum up and down at idle . Not the slow high vrooooom, then slow ummmmmmm, vrooooom,ummmmm, like with a bad motor swap in a ricer with the engine sensors,idle control valve,ect not hooked up correctly and the check engine light on.

I have even heard some turbo sound cammed out but most just have a high idle. I don't even think hot cams would give you the verberation you looking for but then again the IIgen compression ratio is so high you never know. My question is do you get this from a top end cam or low end cam?

Maby they are running some crazy map with there o2's deleted. Aftermarket pipes for sure, probably some airbox mod.

How far is that thing stretched.

Last edited:
Would guess about 8" or so. The only way to make it sound "Cammed" is to do motor work. A good 4 to 1 exhaust will definitely make it sound a good deal better than those voodoo tips as well. Looks good though, definitely need to get that rear down there, but with it being stretched that far, i am guessing you will have issue with it rubbing on every bump, UNLESS you are a super light weight. Looks good man none the less and at least you have the fastest color scheme. :thumbsup:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just don't understand that look and so high. But it could be me, I'm an old fart.

Is there an idle air control valve or similar. Maybe you could disconnect it and turn the idle really low where it has to keep correcting itself going up and down a couple hundred rpm.

Well I tryed to back the screw off on the idle but it will not idle no less than where it is now like at 1300 rpms. Anyone got any ideas on the 08 and up model?

The way V-8's get that rumpity-rump sound is by using a cam with high duration and alot of overlap. You might have some sucess by degreeing the stock cams to give you more overlap. But I'll bet you'll be giving up a whole lotta lowend and midrange to do it.

Im not looking to put cams in and all that good stuff, I just wanted a easy way to get that sound. Guess you cant do that to this bike. It will not go any lower in rpm

Back