08 Decal Overlays

Delgado

Formerly known as KAI
Registered
I'm trying to get some overlays done on the bike for the kanji and the 'stripes' on the front and the side. I was referred to a guy that I guess a lot of people go to but he says he hasn't seen or worked on any 08s yet. He was wanting me to trace it out on paper and just scan it in pieces to him but before I do that, I just wanted to see if any of you might have anything that can help?

+1 I'm looking for the same and sadly...Tapeworks doesnt have any overlays for the side stripes on the fairings or the tank.  Guess I dont have a solution for your problem Kai...just chiming in that I am looking for the same.  I assumed I would have to do what your guy asked as far a tracing them out but I was hoping someone (Tapeworks, etc.) would get the trial and error worked out and offer good materials.  
sad.gif
The stripes have sharp corners and such that just any overlay wont hold up

Yea just called them and heard the bad news. Not sure if I have the patience to do all that work
tounge.gif
I will probably just have to think of something else now

Yea just called them and heard the bad news. Not sure if I have the patience to do all that work
tounge.gif
I will probably just have to think of something else now
Did the guy you talked with tell you how they needed to be traced out...specifically what kind of material to trace it on?  I mean, do you tape down tracing paper?  Or something adhesive backed that you could still see the lines through?

I know I should be asking the graphics guy this but just wondering how much they went into describing to you exactly what they needed to make this happen.

No the guy that mentioned the tracing thing was on another forum.

"If you took butchers paper and made a rubbing with a pencil (like in little kids school), then scanned it into photoshop at 200dpi and emailed them to me without reducing the size, then I could put them back together and cook something up. Mulitple scans, just write numbers and little crosses over the paper and I can get it back together."

The guy I talked to on the phone was from tapeworks. He says he had some requests for them from other people but he was saying something about how it would be complicated because of overlapping with the kanji (sp?) symbol. I was at work when I called so I couldn't really get more details

thumb_up.gif
Cool...that does still help.  Maybe there will be enough push eventually to get them to include the stripes as part of their currently availible kanji/hayabusa overlay kit.  Getting a good "rubbing" off the tank make not work since the stripes have a clear-coat sprayed over them...the side stripes wouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think...but the tank...Guess if I don't see anything soon, I make break out the butchers paper and give it a try!
laugh.gif

Back