08 cruising question.

Devil doc

Registered
At what RPMS are you sitting at while doing 80mph in 6th gear? I'm trying to figure out when this vibration in the bars are coming on, most people are saying around 4500 rpms some are saying they don't feel it at all. Anyway thanks for the input.

Doing b/w 4000 and 4500 RPM, but I don't feel the vibration.

I don't feel any uncomfortable vibration at any rpm. I did have it on the 06 Busa though. I just got the bike broken in, and am loving it. :bowdown:

70-75 mph is about right. after 80 it is not there or hardly noticeable.

Gen one does not do it.........only my K8. Not that bad. Going to try some gel grips.

I don't get the vibration anywhere near 4000 cruising, but i get alittle at 10800 when im about to shift to 2nd.

Last edited:
with this much variation I'm inclined to think it is engine balancing inconsistancys. I'm still a little on the fence to get one b/c I want something I can cruise on in comfort for at least the better part of the day without regret and a strong desire to back on it in the AM. Do you guys find it comfortable? I really appreciate all the input and feed back, Please let me know what you think about the bike good and bad. now back to work I go:40__s:

I havn't felt any buzz on my Busa -08- the bike is silk-lean vs. my previous CBR 1100 XX Super Blackbird, which used double balance axis.

you're cruising at 80mph in 6th gear??? i must be doing something wrong because i am usually in 4th cruising at that speed.

with this much variation I'm inclined to think it is engine balancing inconsistancys. I'm still a little on the fence to get one b/c I want something I can cruise on in comfort for at least the better part of the day without regret and a strong desire to back on it in the AM. Do you guys find it comfortable? I really appreciate all the input and feed back, Please let me know what you think about the bike good and bad. now back to work I go:40__s:

I ride my 08 back and forth to work 40 miles a day and the main road i take to work is very bumpy, after adjusting the front forks and rear shock I have a very comfortable ride.

best bike in the world IMO... relatively comfortable for a "super" bike for my 6'1" frame (there are a multitude of mods to make it more comfy should you need them). I absolutely love it, and I wouldn't trade her for anything! :cheerleader:

Back