08 busa wont start. After a year disconnected from battery. please help!

jani1001

Registered
Fuel pump is priming, starter turns when ignition attemp, but no fuel come out from the injector. No F1 light. whats the problem?. thank you in advance. battery is showing 13 volts. new fuel. exhaust sensor is not connected.

was the old fuel left unstablized in the tank for a year? If so i would suspect that could be your problem. Ethonal gas breaks down really fast. I have heard that it begins in as little as 45 days

Was it left sitting empty of gas? Full but untreated gas? Full of treated gas? Treated as in a fuel stabilizer.

tapatalked

was the old fuel left unstablized in the tank for a year? If so i would suspect that could be your problem. Ethonal gas breaks down really fast. I have heard that it begins in as little as 45 days

You beat me to it :lol:

tapatalked

the mechanic used the leftover fuel from a year ago. could that be the problem?. we tried putting in fuel through the throttle opening, and it starts, for a couple of sec until all (fewdrops of ofuel) is burned. what does the fuel do the the fuel line exactly?

Gonna have to clean fuel system.

If he used the year old untreated gas I would also get a new mechanic.

tapatalked

i cant get a new mechanic. im in borneo. this is the only workshop here. sad isnt it?. ill ask him to clean it tomorow. he told me that the ecu is the problem, because it was disconnected from the battery for so long, and it needed to be reset. Can that be a contributing fact too?

Thank godddddddddddddd! i thought i had to buy harnessnes for the ECU box to flash or reset it. So,that means that the ecu will work even though it was disconnected from the battery for over a year?

thank you. one last question, my exhaust sensor was broken, it was a start attemp without the exhaust sensor. will it contribute to the problem?

I ran my 08 without the o2 sensor for a week or so until my PC came in and they installed the dummie plug. It ran fine, but lean bc I had a brocks full exhaust installed. The FI light was on but it cranked and it ran just fine.

Just to clarify, my '08 hasn't had an O2 sensor since I bought it with 0 miles on it. Over three years and close to 25K miles on it now.

You should ditch the mechanic and learn to do your own work. There is a free service manual here and you should be able to accomplish all of the day to day stuff yourself. Your problem is the fuel.

thanks for the reply everyone!. got the engine to run. Now only have to do some double checks to make sure the engine is running smoothly. Actually, i was involved in a very bad accident, i clipped a lorry head on, Was very lucky to be alive. the bike suffered serious damage, the crankcase was literary torn away from the engine, clip the end of the fork by half inch right at bolt slicing like ice cream, burst my radiator, bended the exhaust manifold, bended my rear brake peddle, and dented my exhaust. But, the chassis wasn't touched, so i decided to revive my suzy. my mechanic took about 1 year to assemble the parts and just last week started rebuilding the engine. And now, thanks to all of you, ITS ALIVE!!!!! hehehe

The same mechanic that used year old gas put it back together and you're gonna hop on and ride it at speed?
When he was done I'd take it home and check every nut and bolt for at least a week!

Back