08 Busa v 2008 V-Max on the strip....

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
OK so it's MCM so not real world, but here go's :beerchug:

Figures from Santa Pod, in the cold, damp air, all bikes were spinning
off the line. The new V-Max was still lighting up the rear tyre in 3rd.

Of course, MCM are testing a new bike so we have the get-out that
under perfect conditions the new V-Max could expect a time of very
low 10s.

So no 200 bhp :whistle: also fuel range 60 mile :laugh:

So, if you want a slow bike thats a heavy drinker and costs
one and a half time the money, buy a V-Max or if you a nice
guy or gal (like all org. members are) buy a BUSA :thumbsup:

V-max v Busa.jpg

Busa v V-max.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, Cycle World magazine did some dragstrip tests of the Vmax. They loved the bike overall, but they couldn't really get it to hook up well. I think that was even with Jay Gleason aboard. Some tweaks to the stock bike, tires and such should help.

These bikes are in different leagues. The Vmax and B-King are probably better comparisons.

How can they compare the Busa to the V-max? That's like comparing fruit to fruit, er, apples and oranges. They can't do that! The V-max should only be compared against cruisers, mopeds and pedal bikes so the people buying the V-max don't feel bad about spending thousands more than the superior Busa! Where is your sense of compassion, man? :laugh:

118 ftlb of low end torque would be way fun. :ehh:

I think the vmax is a different crowd. They also have a cult like following. Why compare it to a Busa... easy answer! Always compare something against the one that sets the bar :laugh::thumbsup:

I still think the V-Max will "Fail" because of the price I am sure the fans will get theirs butI am sure they aren't going to buy a new one every year:poke: maybe their will be a big price drop after they nail all the suckers eeerrrr... after they sell a few.

Thats the slowest times for the new max I have seen, there is a guy on the max site running 9.8's stock.

I do agree that it is expensive, but a cool bike for sure, I wouldn't throw it out of bed for eating cracker's:laugh:

I think the vmax is a different crowd. They also have a cult like following. Why compare it to a Busa... easy answer! Always compare something against the one that sets the bar :laugh::thumbsup:

Umm. Comparing to the Busa, I think the Busa has a cult-like following. Web boards and everything... :laugh:

Back