08 busa smoking problem

Huntercs10

Registered
I have an 08 hayabusa and recently I did an oil change. Ever since then the bike has been making white smoke coming from the right side around the start case. What could be the cause of this? Any help would be much appreciated.

How much oil did you refill it with? any chance you got too much in the case? Or maybe you spilled some that's cooking off. How much have you ridden it since the oil change?

I put 3 1/2 for the time being because my oil filter is coming in the mail. I know I didn’t spill any on the engine for it to be cooking off. And I’ve probably rode It 30 miles give or take since the oil change

I have an 08 hayabusa and recently I did an oil change. Ever since then the bike has been making white smoke coming from the right side around the start case. What could be the cause of this? Any help would be much appreciated.
you probably spilled oil over the pipes down there. If you filled the right amount of oil there is nothing to worry about. Next time use a piece of aluminium foil to cover them when you change the oil filter!

edit - i saw your last post after i wrote mine. never mind then!

If it didn't smoke before the oil change, it is most likely a little oil burning off. How long ago did you do the oil change? If it was a day ago fine, if it has been a week and it's still smoking, there is concern.

Does it smell like burning oil?

If it didn't smoke before the oil change, it is most likely a little oil burning off. How long ago did you do the oil change? If it was a day ago fine, if it has been a week and it's still smoking, there is concern.

Does it smell like burning oil?
It was still burning 3 or 4 days after the oil change

Back