08 Busa or GSX-R1000 for canyon riding?

I had the 1000 and now the busa, the busa handles great in the corners i just now got off of my busa after riding the canyons all day.... but the 1000 is outstanding in the corners thats what it is made for. You wont be dissapointed with either unless you are very very good in the corners and need something more than the busa can offer.

It depends on how tight the curves are. Shorter the wheel base the better for tighter turns. On long sweepers, the Hayabusa with it's torque and horsepower should prevail. On mostly tight turns I would opt for the GSX-R750. The GSX-R1000 is for really experienced riders and even then it is too much.

I'm not a great rider, but ok i guess. So the Busa might be the better all round bike?

Last edited:
i swear to god lol the busa gives me the biggest thrill that i have ever had on a bike and ive had quite a few liter bikes!! It makes me smile every time i ride it . What do you ride now if i may ask??

I can scrape the side of my shoe with my feet on the pegs in the turns on the busa so I personally dont see the need for anything else.

i swear to god lol the busa gives me the biggest thrill that i have ever had on a bike and ive had quite a few liter bikes!! It makes me smile every time i ride it . What do you ride now if i may ask??

I just got rid of a Kawi ZZR600 that I rode over 5000 miles in the past year. I miss it, but it had become way to tame.

I am riding a Yamaha Raider S right now, and though it is way cool to ride and look at, I miss my sport bike big time.

I have the winter to research and study out my next sport bike, i am even looking at the GSK-R750 that might be a nice step up for me.

I rode a friends 08 Busa, i was way impressed, though it an animal it is not intimidating at all.

MotoGP bikes weigh a little over 300 pounds. You want to ride fast in the twisties get a 6 or a 750.

MotoGP bikes weigh a little over 300 pounds. You want to ride fast in the twisties get a 6 or a 750.

My Wife and I got to go to Indy to see the Moto GT race. I had seen them on TV for years. TV can NOT begin to convey how way-awesome those bikes are. If you get the chance to go next year go for it if you have not seen a race in person. It was worth every cent. It will be cool to see Nickey on a Ducati next year I think Honda gave him a raw deal & don't blame him for leaving.

:thumbsup:
My Wife and I got to go to Indy to see the Moto GT race. I had seen them on TV for years. TV can NOT begin to convey how way-awesome those bikes are. If you get the chance to go next year go for it if you have not seen a race in person. It was worth every cent. It will be cool to see Nickey on a Ducati next year I think Honda gave him a raw deal & don't blame him for leaving.

The SOUND! And the smell of the race gas!
The Ducatis were so loud and the Yamahas were so quiet, Zuks, Hondas and Kawis in the middle.
I'm making my plans to return next year. Like a bug waiting for the porch light to come on again this evening.

Back on topic.. For me the Busa is the best all around bike. Not as fast or quick as a true sport bike but a looot more comfortable. I can hang with most in the twisties, but I couldn't imagine riding a GSXR1000 1100+ miles to Indy and back. Best case scenario would be to have both, but since not, Hayabusa was and still is my pick.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
LOL you like the twisties and you ask which is better get the 1000 or better yet get yourself a 600 or 750 :welcome:

How much do you weigh? Do you weigh enough to fling a Busa around? I only weigh
140, so a GSXR 1K is more suited for me.

Hayabusa's best traits are acceleration and straitline stability. It handles very well but it's not on the top of the food chain in that department.

The hayabusa is also much more comfortable for me (6'1" 240) than any of the other sportbikes I sat on.

I would have to agree with the majority on this one, The Gixxer 1k, "WITH" the right rider would put an :spank: on da-king! However, if your more into riding the twisty's like the average SANE person and are after the do it all bike, DA-BUSA for sure!!!! The busa handle's the corner's VERY WELL and loos's most of it's Beef ounce you get her rolling. What i like best about the busa over the liter bikes is how PLANTED the bike is in the big 150+mhp corners, almost like its on a rail! So YES my recommendation would be the King :bowdown:

First off this is a Hayabusa forum and most of your responses will go towards the Busa. I'm a track rider. I had a CBR1000RR for track and canyon rides. I do have to tell you that the 08 Busa is a great machine whether it is in the straight aways or in the canyons. I was very inpressed with the cornering abilities of this bike. Yesterday I took her to the mountains and wow did it handle good. As far as your decision is concerned the Busa for sure...

P.S. Check out this link: Reviews of Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile and Watercraft vehicles I like reading other peoples reviews on bikes before I buy you can also sort by year... Good luck...

Back