08 Busa 6th Gear

Big Dog E

Registered
Not sure what going on, but I cant get 6th gear. All other 1-5 change just fine. Hoping something other than trans. Any ideas?

Not sure what going on, but I cant get 6th gear. All other 1-5 change just fine. Hoping something other than trans. Any ideas?
Look at your shift arm / linkage / heim joints . Make sure no damage to any of them . Have you recently altered to new rearsets / pegs / or other additions like air shifter ?

The TRE disables top speed limiter of 186 mph . It fools the ECU into thinking its in 5th gear not 6th is a short version of explaining it .
I really appreciate the info. Went and looked it up. Is this something simple I can see if I have or dig into the bike to find?

Gen 2's also have the problem from 5th to 6th due to extra dogs on the gears over the gen 1 . Do you have a lazy/bad /weak ankle ? The gen 2 needs a SOLID push from 5th to 6th .

Also what my friend @Mr Brown said on the tre for display
1st to 2nd can be tricky too as I found out with the speed shifter...

1st to 2nd can be tricky too as I found out with the speed shifter...
Yea, I did noticed it had a Power Commander on it.

20190705_182415.jpg

TRE and ECU? Not that knowledgeable and no lazy ankle it just want get there.
ECU is the engine control unit. The bike's "brain". It takes inputs from different sensors and tells the engine what to do. The engine parameters (what the ecu expects to see and what it tells the engine to do) are different for each gear. In 6th the bike hits a limiter based on rpm to hold the speed to186. The tre intercepts the 6th gear signal and sends the ECU a 5th gear signal instead, effectively bypassing the limiter. Hope that makes sense.

ECU is the engine control unit. The bike's "brain". It takes inputs from different sensors and tells the engine what to do. The engine parameters (what the ecu expects to see and what it tells the engine to do) are different for each gear. In 6th the bike hits a limiter based on rpm to hold the speed to186. The tre intercepts the 6th gear signal and sends the ECU a 5th gear signal instead, effectively bypassing the limiter. Hope that makes sense.
Actually you explained it quite well. I appreciate you taking the time out. I totally get it. I'll take a look and see if I have ECU controller of some type like that on the left side of gas tank. My concern is in the event I dont what then? Though I'm mechanically inclined my knowledge is with the old school bikes. I can take them apart with my eyes close, but these new one's I'm out of my league and comfort zone forsure. Though I ride hard my racing days are beyond me.

Actually you explained it quite well. I appreciate you taking the time out. I totally get it. I'll take a look and see if I have ECU controller of some type like that on the left side of gas tank. My concern is in the event I dont what then? Though I'm mechanically inclined my knowledge is with the old school bikes. I can take them apart with my eyes close, but these new one's I'm out of my league and comfort zone forsure. Though I ride hard my racing days are beyond me.
May look something like this, but I'm not sure where they go. I've never messed with one.

s-l400.jpg

Back