08-12 Fairing Up Grade

Ezz1r

Registered
Forum:

Good evening I have decided to mod my 06 with the 08-12 fairings. The parts are currently in the shop being prepped for paint. I would like to have the kanji for the fairings placed before the clear coat to assure there will be no problems down the road and i think it looks way better.

My question is where can i buy large kanjis like the ones pictured? I believe they measure 22 x 14 if my mind serves me right not sure if anyone here can direct me to help locate them. I have tried net and eBay route but most are smaller than i'm hoping to place on the bike.

Again Thanks to all for the help in advance.

E

08 12 Kanji.jpg

That looks like a good airbrush job. You sure they are decals? That is gonna be a custom job if its not airbrushed. I would check some of the sign stores in your area to see if they can do it custom for you.

I thought the 06 (gen 1) and 08 (gen 2) fairings were significantly different? What did you have to do to get them to fit? I actually like the gen 1 front and the gen 2 rear, is it possible to mix them?

I thought the 06 (gen 1) and 08 (gen 2) fairings were significantly different? What did you have to do to get them to fit? I actually like the gen 1 front and the gen 2 rear, is it possible to mix them?

I had to change out the rear sub-frame for the seat cowling and buy the 08 seats....

That looks like a good airbrush job. You sure they are decals? That is gonna be a custom job if its not airbrushed. I would check some of the sign stores in your area to see if they can do it custom for you.

Thanks for getting back to me yeah we eventually went to the sign shop and your right they seemed to think the same it looks airbrushed. However they were able design one which will look very similar and just as big for $100 seemed like a deal. I will be having them applied before the clear coat.....

I had to change out the rear sub-frame for the seat cowling and buy the 08 seats....

The Gen1 has the lower side panels and top cowl screwed together. I think there is a metal support for it. The Gen 2 supports the top cowl and the side panels are attached at the bottom with plastic rivets and clip in at the top cowl. Just asking because I considered going gen 1 on the front.

I saw a bike with an air brushed shadow and a stick on kanji - looked pretty good and the slight lift at the sticker made it look even more 3D. They clear coated over all when it was done. Made the airbrushing much more affordable!!!!

The Gen1 has the lower side panels and top cowl screwed together. I think there is a metal support for it. The Gen 2 supports the top cowl and the side panels are attached at the bottom with plastic rivets and clip in at the top cowl. Just asking because I considered going gen 1 on the front.

If you go with the Gen 1 mainstay will work if you upgrade the mains stay changes.

Well she done super happy with the outcome !! Got mama some new Diggs for xmas !!

Shout out to Nelson Cycle in Hialeah Florida for there help one of the best shops in town! Special thanks to Sami and Tony for their unbelievable attention to detail they simply killed it ....

Gen 1 to Gen 2 full fairing swap RGB Halo kit, switch backs with Bluetooth controller and i900 Scorpio alarm.with ptoxicity sensor..

Built in GPI , RGB Halo kit with projector modules , rear tail lights switch backs and Bluetooth controller from Shawn @ ModMyGauges .....

received_1561051533983222.jpeg

received_1561051540649888.jpeg

received_1541623709259338.jpeg

20171213_173246.jpg

received_1561048493983526.jpeg

Back