07 owners in here please!!  pricing??

kenmo

Registered
Been a year since I sold my 02 R1, and I'm getting the itch!! Never bought a brand new bike...always used. I've kept my eyes peeled all winter for a used deal, but nothing has come through. I'm in San Antonio and a place outside of Houston is advertising a little over $10K out the door (ttl included).

So 07 owners....sound about right, or are there some smoking deals out there I need to know about? My thanks in advance!!
Ken

beerchug.gif

I have seen some deals here in Kansas City for $8900 + doc. fees and Tax. Should be able to buy an 07 for a little under $9000 out the door.

I think you are talking about the place on the cycletrader $9699 + TTL. That is a good price I just paid $10700 OTD for my Black 2007. I could have saved a little but would have spent hundreds in travel eating up the savings. Always compare the price OTD. When I was looking I found some that would sell you the bike for $9400 or less but then wanted a bunch of money for frieght and assembly. There is a guy on here from Hamilton, AL that will sell you an 07 for $9465. You will still have to pay TT&L when you get it home. Save the travel and check the one out in RIchwood, TX.

$9799 OTD in Bartlesville OK. Here in Wichita they want $11,299 and WILL NOT come down off the price. Then they want to charge about $400 in prep and paperwork fees. SO, long story short, I buy in OK and pay taxes here in KS to save myself about 2K.

9900 cash money here in Vermont.

You pay tax and title in your home state.

I bought my '06 here in SA, and got them to come down by showing them what Powersports would do for me. They are in weatherford tx. Check the prices there(on the net). then go to a local dealer, and tell them what you want, and what you will pay. They haggled down to a few hundred over the weatherford price-- knowing full well that I would rather buy here and not trapze across tx: though I would have gone up there to save 1-2k.

I appreciate the posts guys....yes, the deal is on cycletrader and they're in Richwood. I don't mind a few hour trek to get a good deal, however I think I will do what some are suggesting and take the print out deal to Cycleplex and pass it by Woods in Austin and see what they'll do. Also would love to find a leftover that they'd deal on!!
super.gif

(Suijuris @ Jan. 29 2007,05:01) I bought my '06 here in SA, and got them to come down by showing them what Powersports would do for me. They are in weatherford tx. Check the prices there(on the net). then go to a local dealer, and tell them what you want, and what you will pay. They haggled down to a few hundred over the weatherford price-- knowing full well that I would rather buy here and not trapze across tx: though I would have gone up there to save 1-2k.
Did you buy at Alamo Cycleplex? Wonder if they do referal rewards? You might want to pm me your name and your saleman's name...might get you a few bucks in your pocket?

$9699 cash out the door in searcy,arkansas. trust me, i had to do some shopping... regardless i coulda got same deal within tri-state area, and searcy was closest to me, it's also where i bought my gixxer, so all is well.. i'm happy!

(GSXcite @ Jan. 28 2007,15:22) I have seen some deals here in Kansas City for $8900 + doc. fees and Tax. Should be able to buy an 07 for a little under $9000 out the door.
I think you meant a little under $10k Out The Door (tax, title, license, etc...included).

You should be able to get the bike ONLY for between $9,200-9,600 so depending what your local tax, fees, etc... are, ADD that on and go from there....
cool.gif

Bike = $9,200
Tax = $600
License/Reg = $100

Total + $9,900....
wink.gif

There's a place here in town called North End Cycle that wanted to sell me a 2006 brand new for list price. This was a month ago. No, I'm not joking. he said it was a "hard to find model" and that i was getting a deal to not be paying OVER MSRP on it. What a tool. I wound up picking up my 2006 from a place that's about an hr and a half away from me for $9400 OTD (sales tax, title, everything), and they threw in a HJC CL-SP Osiris helmet with the deal.

beerchug.gif
Good choice getting a Busa. I just picked my new black '07 here in Fl. I drove 2.5 hours to a dealership that gives a whole new meaning to out in the sticks. Got a great deal though. $10,300.00 OTD. Here's a pic

Jay

Busa_Pics_009.jpg

Just bought mine today (blk 2007) 10,500 out the door (including 925.00 for lic and tax in AZ)

Good luck with your purchase

Thats what I do when buying anything new. Get the dealer cost for it. Pay $20 or so for it. Bring it with you and work up from there, not down from there starting price. You end up with a much better price than starting high and trying to go lower. Also best time to buy is last day or two of month when they are trying to pump up the months ending numbers. End of month and quarter is even better, Use this for cars, trucks, bikes, whatever.
beerchug.gif

Back