07 hayabusa rectifier on FIRE this morning!!

What year is there a rectifier recall on for the Busa?

I had a problem with mine I dont know if it will help with your 07, but I found the plug for my rectifier was toast. It was not making connection and the battery would go dead once in a while. Eventually it fried the connector and melted the wires. I fixed the melted wires and ran the bike only to find out some of the other wires would get hot to the touch with the bike running for a few minutes. I can see how it might have gone worse for me had it caught fire. Anyway I would check that connector. I ended up cutting all of the wires and reconnecting them with individual spade connectors and it works great now. All the wires stay cool to the touch when running.

From the manual, ig fuse protect the ig coil , cooling fan and ECM. You may want to start with the first 2 items. If no problem from the first 2, you have a well done ECM

I caught mine just in time.My HIDs would shut off and come back on internittently.Couldnt figure it out untill I put a meter on my battery and its at 18 volts when running.Needless to say I had to order a new R/R.I got one from RMstators in canada.They have a good rep and warranty and guarentee better than OEM.Problem with OEM stuff is cold solder joints.Anyone own a honda/acura should know this with the main relays going bad and the car has a no start issue.Its due to cold solder joints that crack.

Back