07 GSXR1000  HAS 3 MAPS!!!

J.Busa

Registered
The 07 GSXR1000 has 3 different performance maps you can play with via a button on the right handlebar.......Man, this would be cool to have on the 08 Busa too. I hope we get it!
race.gif

Yeah, it sounds like a neat idea.

Maybe when bikes evolve to have CAN wiring systems it'll be -even better-

Yeah. Wet, normal, and race (or something like that). I don't see very many people switching from the "race" setting.
smile.gif

I'll go against the grain, I think it's stew-pud. Who is going to buy a gsxr and use an "inferior" map. If you had a "wet" mode on the busa...would you ever use it or need it. I don't know about you but just about everybody I know goes to great pains (and $$) to make there bike as fast as possible. Then...it only goes as fast as my right wrist lets it. I don't need my bike "de-tuned" cause it's raining, to be safe.

Not to mention...seems like a PCIII and your 3 map system goes out the window.

Unnecessary complication and expense in production and developement. Not everything more complicated is an improvement.

Just my humble opinion.

(Justyntym @ Nov. 08 2006,16:49) I'll go against the grain, I think it's stew-pud. Who is going to buy a gsxr and use an "inferior" map. If you had a "wet" mode on the busa...would you ever use it or need it. I don't know about you but just about everybody I know goes to great pains (and $$) to make there bike as fast as possible. Then...it only goes as fast as my right wrist lets it. I don't need my bike "de-tuned" cause it's raining, to be safe.

Not to mention...seems like a PCIII and your 3 map system goes out the window.

Unnecessary complication and expense in production and developement. Not everything more complicated is an improvement.

Just my humble opinion.
I tried so say it in a "nice" way ...
biggrin.gif

It could be a great thing on a race track. Racing in the pouring rain takes finesse to keep upright and still be fast. Different maps might be a big help when running near redline all the time in different conditions and could just be the ticket to give someone that last nth' of power to control ratio but I don't see much use on the street. A traction control switch would be a better option for most street riders.

Its wet, mixed(sorta wet), and dry.

Not exactly what I would be looking for since I ride 99% in the dry. But its the beginning of traction control, just the first step.

On the Busa, it would be nice to be able to switch, on the fly, between 2 maps.... Max Power and Max gas mileage. When you are touring you can get the best gas mileage possible.

Don

I too first thought, neat-o... but then kinda like, well, big WHY?

maybe if they labeled the settings: GSXR1000, KAW ZX10, and Triumph 675 it would be interesting
biggrin.gif

(usn04limited @ Nov. 08 2006,16:25) On the Busa, it would be nice to be able to switch, on the fly, between 2 maps.... Max Power and Max gas mileage.  When you are touring you can get the best gas mileage possible.

Don
Of course max gas mileage would be like...

<marquee>scooter busa!!!</marquee>

Use Max setting for the straights. Before you come to the corners, switch to mixed or low power and pin the throttle around the corners.

As Charles said, it is the beginning of Traction Control. I wouldn't be suprised if we started seeing full systems in the next couple of years. Especially since the AMA Superbike series legalized it recently.

Somebody will figure out a way to change the maps. What if you could have one for everyday, one for race (advance timing) and one for nitrous (retard timing). How cool would that be?

Back