07 750 stalling between shifts?

USN_MA

Registered
Having some minor trouble with my 07 gixxer, recently started stalling sometimes between shifts, and occasionally when stopped. Theres no forward movement when stopped (as if the clutch was engaging) it just dies sometimes. Weathers been really dusty here recently and my bike is covered in it, didn't know if that might have something to do with it? I'm a bike noob still so no good at diagnosing my own issues yet >.<

check your idle a friends bike would stall occasionally from a slow idle. make sure its arond 1250 or so

Seems to idle a little higher than that, no problems if it sits for a bit, I should rephrase, it stalls when coming to a stop from any high RPM's. Like it can't recover from the drop or something. I've definitely used my "
wtf.gif
" face whenever I stall @ 70mph!

Starting to look like a bad sensor or something. Idles not the issue, nor is the clutch. Haven't gotten the power commander on it yet so I'm thinking thats where the issue could be. Guess the Yosh is messing up the sensors?

Not the idle if it is giving problems between shifts. Sounds like you are not tunned to your pipes if you recently changed them. Also check your air filter, sounds lke you are starving for air.

Not the idle if it is giving problems between shifts.  Sounds like you are not tunned to your pipes if you recently changed them.  Also check your air filter, sounds lke you are starving for air.
That's a distinct possibility. This last dust storm was a heavy one and my cover hasn't arrived yet  
sad.gif

Not the idle if it is giving problems between shifts. Sounds like you are not tunned to your pipes if you recently changed them. Also check your air filter, sounds lke you are starving for air.
That's a distinct possibility. This last dust storm was a heavy one and my cover hasn't arrived yet
sad.gif
This was the problem
laugh.gif

Poor air filter had a solid layer of dust in it, replace and now all feels well with the world! And my baby is happy! Did a couple miles over the bridge here at a steady 100mph just to let her stretch out, and all is well!

Not that I didn't use this as a logical excuse for a new power commander anyway
whistling.gif

sad.gif
This was the problem
laugh.gif

Poor air filter had a solid layer of dust in it, replace and now all feels well with the world! And my baby is happy! Did a couple miles over the bridge here at a steady 100mph just to let her stretch out, and all is well!

Not that I didn't use this as a logical excuse for a new power commander anyway
whistling.gif
laugh.gif

Enjoy your baby, the 750's are great bikes....
cool.gif
beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

Back